10% off orders over $60.00. Offer ends September 30th.

Diva International, The Diva Cup, Model 1, 1 Menstrual Cup

Great to travel with

Posted by Reviewer1056417 on Jul 01, 2008

I have only used this for one cycle so far. I ordered this because I live in Germany and have a hard time finding the products I like to use and I was also trying to find something that is easy to travel with. I was a little apprehesive at first. However, it actually doesn't leak and it is not gross like I though it would be. I think it will be perfect for traveling and now I don't have to have space for tampons in my luggage! I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars because it is something that takes a little time to get used to.

Not for me

Posted by Reviewer1855230 on Dec 06, 2008

It's great that many have had success with the DivaCup, but unfortunately it just isn't for me. I followed the directions and practiced inserting it a few times. It was difficult to get the hang of the insertion process and once it was in, I could ALWAYS feel it in there. Despite trying repeatedly throughout my cycle it remained uncomfortable to wear. If that wasn't enough, removal was terrible. In the directions they tell you not to insert it too far, however my muscles always seem to pull it a little further in than I place the cup myself. So when trying to remove it I have to stick my fingers way up there and grab the stem with my nails... Usually I had to repeatedly attempt to pull the cup up since it wouldn't budge easily. And finally, when I finally would get it to the point where I almost had it out of me it would begin to HURT like CRAZY! TOn be honest, I felt like I was getting a small taste of what it feels like to give birth. Anyway, many I'm just oddly shaped or something, but this did NOT work for me. I'm currently trying out the Instead Softcups and I have high hopes for these. Way easier to insert than the DivaCup and I can't feel it at all. It's good to know that us women have options other than pad and tampons.

love it!

Posted by Reviewer2595043 on Jun 04, 2008

Using this product is a fabulous way to be kind to the environment while having a comfortable and convenient period. It creates zero garbage, eliminates the need to carry around bulky sanitary supplies, requires less frequent changing, is completely comfortable, creates no panty lines, doesn't cause TSS, and doesn't leak! I wish I had discovered it years ago. I plan never to use tampons again.

Diva goodness

Posted by Reviewer2541299 on Jun 07, 2008

This cup is great. It never leaked, was fairly easy to get a handle of, and I love the punch-down fold. A lot of suction...but you may want to trim the stem. Arrvied quickly to Australia~

I'm not a diva, but I like it anyway!

Posted by Reviewer2167879 on Aug 06, 2008

A tidy, pleasant, easy, and comfortable alternative to tampons and pads. I couldn't feel it in and only needed to take care of it two or three times a day. It took a couple of days to figure out how to put it in properly so it opened up the way it should, but once I got it, it was great! I can use it all by itself so there's no uncomfortable, hot, scratchy things in my pants bothering me, and it doesn't dry me out like a tampon would. One of the greatest benefits is that it eliminates gross garbage that piles up- I personally feel like all the disposable products are such a horrendous and unnecessary waste! And at iHerb, it's cheaper than buying all the stuff! Yes! I'm a professional backpacking guide and am tired of carrying all the stuff in and out of the backcountry with me, so I thought this would be worth trying. I have high hopes, though I haven't used it in the backcountry yet and wonder how cleaning it out properly will work... I'm working on making a plan.