Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Doctor's Best, Best 5-HTP, 100 mg, 60 Veggie Caps

It works, but made me more depressed the next day

Posted by Reviewer3125411 on Jun 08, 2009

Be careful with dosage. I am 115 pounds, and I think the 100mg is too much for me. It made me relaxed, but too drowsy. Then the next day I was crying and felt more depressed then I ever have. I then opened the capsule and took half then next day, but still felt too drowsy and more depressed the following day. Also had bad dreams on it.

Seems to work

Posted by jasmine on Oct 07, 2012

It seems to me that my nervousness and tension decreased since I've taken 5-HTP. However, I also take Source Naturals NutraSleep at bed time, because 5-HTP doesn't help me to get deep enough sleep. RU Кажется, эта штука работает. Во всяком случае, мне кажется, будто я меньше психую, когда принимаю это средство. Правда, проблемы со сном оно мне не решило, поэтому на ночь я принимаю NutraSleep от Source Naturals.

Pretty decent...nothing to rave about

Posted by Reviewer1201895 on Mar 26, 2009

This is brand is alright. It made a little difference in my mood, but not significant enough to buy again. I felt very sleepy 2 hours after I took it, and I felt I was watching my life pass by through a foggy window. I'll keep trying other brands of HTP to find the one that works best for me.

Xmas time again

Posted by Reviewer2484117 on Nov 30, 2008

I buy this along with a couple of other products to help fight my depression which usually gets worse around this time of the year. It's insurance.

5 HTP - Nausea

Posted by butteredcrumpet on Apr 12, 2013

I really wanted to give 5 HTP a try however, I couldn't get past the terrible nausea and dizziness it caused. I tried changing the dosage and experimented with taking a capsule at night and or taking with or without food but the nausea never passed. I did some investigation and apparently many people report queasiness when they first start taking 5 HTP. I can usually get past an adjustment period with most medications but the side effects were interfering with my day-to-day life.