Doctor's Best, Best 5-HTP, 100 mg, 60 Veggie Caps

Very unpleasant side effects

Posted by Reviewer1098988 on May 23, 2008

Although I have read how 5-HTP can have a very positive effect on ones mood and sleep, my experience has been very negative. It made me very depressed and negative after the second day of use and adjusting the dose made no difference. The side effects for some are just as bad as those of prescription antidepressants. I must say that I have weird reactions to any kind of antidepressant and neurotransmitter stimulants. So it's just me and not the quality of the product. However, if you are sensitive to things, then use with caution.

It works, but made me more depressed the next day

Posted by Reviewer3125411 on Jun 08, 2009

Be careful with dosage. I am 115 pounds, and I think the 100mg is too much for me. It made me relaxed, but too drowsy. Then the next day I was crying and felt more depressed then I ever have. I then opened the capsule and took half then next day, but still felt too drowsy and more depressed the following day. Also had bad dreams on it.

Sleeping well at last!

Posted by Reviewer1313524 on Oct 12, 2007

I do not sleep well, and I need good quality, restorative sleep for my health. I sleep really well now just taking one capsule when I go to bed. A couple of nights I have not slept well and realized the next morning that I forgot to take my 5-HTTP. They have not caused any problems with any medication I am taking which I had some concerns about when I started. Great product, great price, great sleep :-)

Pretty decent...nothing to rave about

Posted by Reviewer1201895 on Mar 26, 2009

This is brand is alright. It made a little difference in my mood, but not significant enough to buy again. I felt very sleepy 2 hours after I took it, and I felt I was watching my life pass by through a foggy window. I'll keep trying other brands of HTP to find the one that works best for me.

Xmas time again

Posted by Reviewer2484117 on Nov 30, 2008

I buy this along with a couple of other products to help fight my depression which usually gets worse around this time of the year. It's insurance.