Doctor's Best, Best Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCl, 588 mg, 60 Capsules

Remedy for fatigue

Posted by Reviewer1030461 on Jan 05, 2009

Firstly thanks to the iHerb team for maintaining an excellent and objective collection of recent scientific evidence for "herbs and supplements". For L-carnitine I can add another review written by JD Harris in Current Opinion in Supportive and Palliative Care in 2008, titled "Fatigue in chronically ill patients". He writes "..Among complementary therapies, L-carnitine has the most potential..". And I agree, taking 500mg of this together with one capsule of Glycine Propionyl L-carnitine(Source Naturals) has made my daily fatigue disappear. However, I don't reccomend taking it in the evening since it seems to interfere a bit with sleep initiation.

Acetyl-L-Carnitine

Posted by ZlatinVal on Aug 26, 2012

Another good product at excellent price. This was the first ALCAR supplement I bought. - - - - - - - - - - - - It is extremely safe(Carnitine supplementation has an excellent safety record. Doses of 2-6 grams per day over a period of 6 months have been studied with no observed adverse side effects.) and the benefits are numerous - Acetyl-L-carnitine is a precursor of acetylcholine and improves cognitive performance, ameliorates age-related deficits, preserves, at least partially, learning and memory from the natural decay occurring with age, rescues aged neurons by increasing their responsiveness to neuronotrophic factors in the CNS and lot more.... Recommend this product. 5 stars.

Works for me

Posted by Reviewer3156794 on Dec 11, 2008

I read that Acetyl-L-Carnitine was one of the most health beneficial things you can put in your body. I feel great since I've been taking it.

The Tingling is gone.

Posted by iJenNZ on Aug 13, 2012

I started taking this product as it is one of the supplements recommended to help down regulate the NO/ONOO- cycle which is said to be at the root of the symptoms of the Multi System Illnesses such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia and Multiple Chemical Sensitivity. (Google, Martin Pall PhD, for more details). The combination of supplements I am taking is definitely helping with the Chemical Sensitivities but an unexpected side effect is that it has eliminated the tingling and numbness in my hands and arms at night which was caused by Ulna Nerve Compression. I no longer have to spend time when I wake up in the morning moving and flexing hand and arm muscles to get the feeling back.

Helps Increase My Energy

Posted by Reviewer1928349 on Aug 12, 2009

I am already taking B12, iodine, and a B-complex for very low energy. Within a few days of adding 1000mg (2 capsules) of this acetyl-l-carnitine in the morning, my energy starting improving. If I also take 500mg in the afternoon, mu fatigue is even less.