Doctor's Best, Best Alpha-Lipoic Acid, 600 mg, 60 Veggie Caps

Reviews 1-star

Not sure it works at all

Posted by Reviewer2271350 on Apr 24, 2008

took this for about a week after running out of R-Alpha Lipoic acid (this current product is the R and L racemate). On the plus, this variety does not make the typical alpha-lipoic acid type of "heartburn" when taken after a meal or in between. On the minus, I did not notice the effortless mental clarity experienced with other products. This does not mean it does not work, it just means I simply , I cannot tell whether the body is still wearing off the prior product or this one works. The R-ALA is the better deal for me.

Minimal help for my diabetic peripheral neuropathy

Posted by Reviewer3305783 on Feb 25, 2012

Intravenous lipoic acid has been shown to help, so I decided to try this oral form. It was not helpful. I did some research, and I learned that the problem with the regular oral form is that it has a short half-life, which means that it is present in the blood for only a short time in comparison with the intravenous route. So my next step was to look for an extended-release oral form of lipoic acid, and I did find one. I’m currently trying Jarrow Formulas, Alpha Lipoic Sustain 300, with Biotin, 300 mg, 120 Sustain Tablets, and after using it for a few weeks at a dose of 1 tablet 3 times a day with meals (suggested dosage is 1 tablet two times per day), I am feeling some improvement in my neuropathic pain, but not nearly as much as I‘d like.

wate of money

Posted by 5524674436990572805 on Apr 19, 2015

Too many binders and fillers. Its not a health product.

Not sure

Posted by Reviewer2239146 on Dec 22, 2010

I've only been taking this for about 10 days and I see no noticeable effect/difference.

Docor's Best, Best Alpha-LipoicAcid 600,600 mg. Caps.

Posted by Reviewer1547095 on Sep 18, 2008

I never received the order