The single best supplement

Posted by RadekCZ on Oct 28, 2011

Probably the single best supplement you can take. I was supplementing already with various stuff such as Omega-3, Vitamin D, Vitamin C, probiotics, creatine, Acetyl L-carnitine to mention some, but this one has an cutting edge over all the others. Since I supplement Astaxanthin (may be a month now), cca 6-8 pills/day, I´ve experienced way more energy in the gym or when going running, my adult acne is gone, I don´t need as much sleep as before to wake up and feel good and many other positive conditions that are just difficult to explain. So, If you can afford it - go for it.

BEWARE! The label of ingredients is not the same!

Posted by Reviewer1511999 on Oct 17, 2013

The jar I got, says Astaxanthin AND the synthetic CASTAXANTHIN! Label differ on my jar and on the jar and description here. This is not shown at the label here, and not in the description! This is really BAD BAD BAD! BEWARE: Castaxanthin is NOT good, it's the BAD synthetic astaxanthin that amongst others, Dr. Mercola is warning about. ------> NOVEMBER 19, 2013 -REPLY From Doctor's Best: Dear Reviewer: Doctor’s Best Astaxanthin only contains Natural Astaxanthin which is a solvent-free extract from Haematococcus pluvialismicroalgae. No cantaxanthin exists in any Doctor’s Best product and cantaxanthin is not indicated on the label of any Doctor’s Best products.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Astaxanthin is one of the best supplements to take. Known as the king of carotenoids, it is a powerful antioxidant that can be readily enter the blood brain barrier to protect the brain and prevent neurodegenerative diseases, greatly increase athletic performance and stamina and shorten recovery time, increase eye vision and protect the eye from UV light, protect skin from sunburn (unusual benefits), anti inflammatory, halt cancer growth, improve immune system, never becomes pro-oxidant (even vitamin C can become oxidant), prevent cardiovascular diseases, alleviates carpal tunnel syndrome, joints pain, protects against UV light and others! Personally, the most felt effect is the improvement in athletic performance. I felt that I can tolerate the pain when running at fast constant speed for much longer distance. After exercising, the body is less likely to ache as well. Another important benefit is the prevention of sunburn. I have fair skin and tend to get sunburn easily. After taking Astaxanthin, I can last long hours under the sun without getting burn. Most people will need to take 2-3 softgels (8-12 mg daily) for maximum benefits. Astanxanthin used to be a lot cheaper before appearing on TV (Dr Oz). Prices have increased quite a lot but this isn’t too expensive. The softgel is made of gelatin (not for vegetarians), small and easy to swallow. Note that Astaxanthin inhibits nitric oxide. Nitric oxide is needed in body but can be harmful if produced in excess. It works as a vasodilator and it is important in men’s penile erections as well. I have tried dosing at 20mg daily and it does affect penile erection. I do not eliminate that the fact that this can be placebo which seems highly unlikely. Generally, it’s best to just stick to lower dosages. This used to be best value for mg but it does not seem to be the case now. Check out my page for more reviews!

Worth trying out

Posted by Reviewer2057749 on Aug 21, 2011

Having read about numerous beneficial effects of astaxanthin on health, I decided to give it a try and chose this product. After taking it for less than a month now, I have noticed that it has improved the health of my eyes, i.e. the slight diabetic retinopathy has become less disturbing. Shall definitely continue using this product.

Astaxanthin:

Posted by Reviewer3295730 on Aug 29, 2011

My jury is still out on this product. Originally, I researched & ordered another brand, responding to an infomercial. Coincidentally, I had medical symptoms which, if coupled with weight loss, could signal cancer. I was losing weight. Then I ran out of the product and then stopped losing weight. It took me some time to note that the worrisome weight loss might have coincided with the use of the product. As a test, I began using it, again, but but it is probably too soon to tell if weight loss will ensue. None yet, though. I chose this brand for it's price and ordered from IHerb.com because they always have given me great service.

Best supplement out there

Posted by Reviewer1977365 on Jan 12, 2013

I first got it to improve my eye sight which it eventually did but it does so many things.... good for the brain... after having too much anesthetics.. I was hoping for improved small print but one day I realized I could now read the clock on the other side of the pool.. While improving my eye sight I had a cancer biopsy that was positive and went terribly wrong because it bled for a week..The astaxathin must have eaten all those cancer radicals as described by Raph Moss in his book antioxidants against cancer.... I didn't know this until later... Good thing I was improving my eye sight... But most of all the energy I have is amazing... I have my swimming up to an hour of non stop crawl...It gets rid of age spots and leans the arteries..I do it with fish oil, ginko and lutien so it can work on eyes and brain... It will do what the body needs..Great price I do 3 or 4 a day..... for the last year

New Must Have Supplement!

Posted by 4851726432628326325 on Jul 06, 2012

I have been taking this for about 3 months now. I work in the Florida sun and I am fair skinned. I am also 50 years old. I have slowly increased the dosage and found that higher dosages make an astounding difference for me! I take 9 caps per day. (3) 3 times daily. It has greatly increased my resistance to the sun, increased libido by about 50%, my eyes are not nearly as dry, my energy and strength have increased as well. My skin is better.....and sun spots on my forehead are diminishing and or gone! Pretty amazing stuff.....but I did not notice a lot at lower dosages. The higher does amazingly well for me. I highly recommend it...... Gene :)

Love it

Posted by 4760904513570236655 on Apr 11, 2013

Except for the price (it could be cheaper) I must say that my sight has improved. for some montes I eyes were not the same. I had some difficulties. At the beginning I took 1 softgel twice a day and I didn't notice any result. Then I decided to take 4 (1-2-1) and the results began to arrive. I've just ordered another bottle.

Real Good Product.

Posted by Reviewer2680364 on Dec 21, 2011

I have tried astaxanthin for months, it is really good for your health.

Nice supplement

Posted by 4653906570911654220 on Feb 05, 2014

This supplement is so nice for me. I take two or three one a day It used to be, my eyes were so tired after doing my work, keeping my eyes on a PC, but,after taking this supplement, my eyes are not tired and my eyes are not tired, I feel my energy more than before. Thank u,