| English

Reviews 5-star

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Doctor's Best, Benfotiamine, 80 mg, 120 Veggie Capsules

Posted by noneofyourfrigginbusiness on May 31, 2011

Benfotiamine has been reported to be more bioavailable than thiamine, owing to its lipid-solubility, and while thiamine has antiglycation effects, as a water-soluble form of the vitamin B1 it cannot enter fatty tissues. A new study reported on the ability of thiamine and benfotiamine to reduce protein damage caused by glycation, oxidation, and nitration.

Benfotiamine is fantastic

Posted by Reviewer1916270 on Jan 05, 2012

I stumbled upon Benfotiamine some months ago and I find it fantastic for blood sugar control and removal of neuropathy (I am a type 2 diabetic). I had the 150 strength and also higher but my wife wanted the lower strength as she needs low dose everything and it has proven a winner again. If you are diabetic or have neuropathy for any reason then you MUST use Benfotiamine. Couple with Apple Cider Vinegar capsules, Blood Sugar, Cinnamon, Taurine, Gymnema Sylvestre, Bitter Melon, Total Balance multi-vitamin and COQ10 and you have the magic cure.

Seems to help leg pain/sciatica

Posted by Reviewer1533331 on Sep 05, 2010

I am not diabetic, but I take Benfotiamine to help those post-exercise pains I get in my legs at night and foot cramps that can happen when I wear shoes of varying heel heights (ladies, you know what I am talking about). Also, it helps with the pains I get from sitting for long periods of time, such as when I am driving. I am only in my 40's but these muscle pains have been with me since my 20's. Benfotiamine helps. I have taken it for about 8 months now.

Benfotiamine

Posted by Reviewer2654177 on Jul 20, 2010

Pretty effective at helping to increase energy. May help alleviate depression in some. I would bet it would also help with slowing or possible helping reverse diabetic peripheral neuropathy in patients deficient in vitamin B1. I have seen at least one article on the reversal of diabetic peripheral neuropathy with proper vitamin b supplementation. Best bet would be to take this with a reasonable multivitamin B supplement. (Do not take too much vitamin B, I have seen at least one case of peripheral neuropathy caused by over supplementation of vitamin B.)

Alert

Posted by Reviewer2010269 on Oct 04, 2006

adds to overall alertness and peak energy without getting jitters.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »