New To iHerb?

Doctor's Best, Best D-Phenylalanine, 500 mg, 60 Veggie Caps

Helps anxiety, depression and pain

Posted by Reviewer2575097 on Aug 25, 2010

Some people have a deficiency of serotonin which causes depression and anxiety, but having an endorphin deficiency can also cause depression and anxiety. This helped restore my endorphin levels to normal, which helped my depression a bit but also helped my anxiety HUGELY, in fact this is about the most effective thing I have found for my anxiety. I have an arm injury which left me with long-term mild pain, it did help with this too, though the pain came back after I stopped taking D-Phenylalanine, I might not have taken it for long enough.

Useful for emotional sensitivity and emotionally difficult times

Posted by 4871827516150754074 on Dec 08, 2013

I would have given this 5 stars, except for the fact that at 500mg it gives me this slight but annoying pressure headache and made it a little difficult to focus my eyes. At 250mg, it works best for me when I am going through an emotionally difficult time (DPA increases endorphins in your brain). It makes me much more emotionally at ease and much less bothered by whatever it is that is bothering me. I could see this as very useful for someone to take when they go through a relationship break-up or lose someone close to them. Just make sure you find the minimal dose that works for you. I open the capsule and pour half out then put the capsule back together and swallow it. I take it on an empty stomach and it works best that way. I also read that most studies have found DPA to be effective if taken every day at 100-200mg. So it seems kind of overkill to have these in 500mg capsules, although I'm sure for some people it is fine at that level. I first read about this in Dr. Priscilla Slagle's "The Way Up From Down" and then in Julia Ross's "The Mood Cure". They are both amazing books if you have depression and want a natural program that works even better than prescription medications. I have been following Slagle's basic program for two weeks now and haven't felt this good in years. Sorry for the rant.

Works Well

Posted by SteveL on Apr 09, 2010

The D- Form without the L-Phenylalanine is hard to find. This really helps with pain. It definitely does something to help protect endorphins in your body.

just as good as the expensive ones

Posted by NEDERLAND on Nov 06, 2010

this product works very good against joints pain.especially together with low dose naltrexone

Posted by Reviewer1265520 on Mar 21, 2011

I call these my new 'happy pills' ... really gave me a good feeling. Not a high of course, just a really good feeling about ... everything. It works better than dlpa for me.