Doctor's Best, Best L-Tryptophan, 500 mg, 90 Veggie Caps

Reviews 4-star

So glad to find in the US again

Posted by Reviewer1358304 on Apr 09, 2009

I bought this plain L-Tryptophan and True Calm at iherb. It is the same combination I had in one product before it became illegal in 1989 in the US. I have discovered since buying these 2 products that Doctor's Best also makes L-tryptophan Enhanced with all ingredients of the 2 items I just got. I will buy that from now on. The combo puts a smile on my face and positive thoughts in my clear head. I love it for life!

It does work, but a low protein diet is needed for it

Posted by Reviewer3011057 on Sep 20, 2008

The product from Doctor's Best seems to be of a very good quality. But talking about the L-Tryptophan, it needs a very low protein diet to work (amino acids "compete" for passage through the blood-brain barrier - BBB). As my protein intake is high and I don't suffer of any kind of depression, I don't know if it's worth changing my eating habits for it. I just have a small sleep disturb... But as the majority of people don't eat a high protein diet, it will work fine for mood, sleep, depression, appetite and immune system.

Blessed Sleep!

Posted by Reviewer2123884 on Sep 22, 2008

I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. My seratonin levels have been messed up for years now. While I take some prescription meds for some of the symtoms, I still have problems sleeping and when I do get a migraine, I need some real help. The Best L-Tryptophan is wonderful. I take one before I go to bed in the evening and the quality of my sleep is so much improved. I use it every night and know I'll get a better night's sleep because of it.

Good for Falling Asleep

Posted by Reviewer1158388 on Sep 24, 2008

This product is good for falling asleep or winding down at night. However, it did not keep me asleep for the entire night so if staying asleep is your problem, this may not be the right thing for you. But if you just have trouble falling asleep then it will probably work well for you.

Doctor's Best L-Tryptophan

Posted by Reviewer1551960 on Jan 27, 2009

This product was very good and fairly fast acting.