• Doctor's Best uses exclusively the Tryptopure brand of Tryptophan, manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan.
  • Customer Ratings

Mrs. Mary Murphy

Posted by Reviewer3182088 on Feb 08, 2009

I have trouble sleeping due to a stroke and this product is great. I would recommend it to anyone who has trouble sleeping. I like the Doctor's Best in what I buy. Thanks

Fantastic Product!

Posted by Reviewer2116758 on Apr 26, 2009

Helps me sleep through the night and improves my overall mood.

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer2057592 on May 01, 2009

I take 2 capsules 30 minutes before going to bed for insomnia. This brand works very well for me.

Calming for dogs -------- good stress reliever

Posted by coconut on Jun 25, 2012

My dog is easily upset and scared of thunderstorms. I don't like medicating him so after some research I tried this. He is more calm and I feel better that this is more natural than the meds his vet gave him. I also have had relief from stressors such as work. I can take it at work and not have to worry about presciptions. It won't make you drowsy. Just less stress and better able to cope. Take on an empty stomach for best results!

Great for helping me fall asleep

Posted by Reviewer1645968 on Nov 11, 2012

I'm trying many supplements to help me sleep; so far L-tryptophan the most helpful for me; I use it with melatonin.

Just as good as prescription

Posted by MusettaRose on Jan 09, 2015

In the past I've had prescription to tryptophan, which was 3 to 4 times as expensive for me. This is just as good. I'm weaning off effexor, and I've been increasing my dose slowly with each reduction, with the help of naturalpath , to the point that I'm taking 4 tryptophan pills throughout the day, and I'm down to only 30% of my effexor pill, with absolutely no withdrawal effects!

Works wonderful for good nights sleep

Posted by Reviewer2943679 on Jun 25, 2009

I really like this product much better than melatonen. Don't wake up with the drugged feeling.

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer1351094 on May 06, 2009

I am sleeping much better since I started taking Best L-Tryptophan

Very satisfied!

Posted by Reviewer2534274 on Apr 11, 2009

I was a little concerned about ordering my supplements on line but I've very pleased at the value and perfomance I'm receiving. I had decided to try this service with one item and just ordered the rest of my amino acids from iHerb.com!

Sleep better!

Posted by Reviewer2624820 on Apr 22, 2009

I think this does help me to sleep more deeply, with no side effects the next morning!