• Doctor's Best uses exclusively the Tryptopure brand of Tryptophan, manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan.
  • Customer Ratings

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer2924290 on Jul 06, 2010

....great for helping get to sleep

Quality L-tryptophan

Posted by Reviewer1908266 on Jun 18, 2010

I tried this after reading some reviews suggesting that for those people this version of tryptophan worked a little better. I think for me, which version to use is a wash. I can't tell the difference. But I remain impressed by the quality of Doctor's Best supplements.

doctors best is best

Posted by Reviewer2573043 on May 20, 2010

excellent product best L Tryptophan I have taken really works for me thanks herb

Helps SOOO Much!

Posted by Reviewer1346887 on May 14, 2010

I love Doctor's Best L-tryptophan in 500 mg. I only have to take one pill a night and what a world of difference it makes! If you have a stressful job and/or have trouble sleeping soundly, I recommend this product. My husband has both, a stressful job and trouble sleeping. If he forgets to take his 5-htp, he can really tell. He was never able to sleep through the night, and he always came home from work stressed and irritable. Now, he sleeps soundly and seems much less affected by his stressful day. I just keep it by my bedside and take one before dozing off (since it doesn't need to be taken w/food.)

Great Stuff! Partial to Doctor's Best!

Posted by Reviewer2473062 on May 05, 2010

I have only been taking this supplement for about three weeks. This stuff is great! I could tell a difference after only three days. It helps me sleep much better and soundly. Also, I seem to have additional energy during the day. Thanks to Iherb for offering such a good product and great customer service.

Love this product....

Posted by Reviewer2606654 on Mar 18, 2010

I was taking to many melatonin(approximately 24 mg total) and my Dr. wanted me to take this product with the Melatonin. Now I only take 2 L-Tryptophan and 3 melatonin, I sleep really good. Thank you. PJ from MN

effective sleep aid

Posted by Reviewer2381022 on Jan 21, 2010

Have used this product before and always get good results as a sleep aid. Would recommend to others.

mood stabilizer

Posted by Reviewer1352709 on Jan 01, 2010

Using this supplement as recommended by nutritionist. It's been working great. Stabilizing moods & smiling more. Great pricing.

Very good

Posted by Reviewer2490036 on Dec 01, 2009

I love this product for helping with sleep. It's very gentle, no side-effects but helps me fall asleep within an hour of taking it.

good stuff

Posted by Reviewer2398086 on Nov 26, 2009

Helps me sleep, good price.