Doctor's Best, Best L-Tryptophan, Tryptopure, Enhanced with Vit. B6 & Niacinamide , 500 mg, 90 Veggie Caps (Discontinued Item)

Effective sleep aid

Posted by Reviewer2524764 on Apr 05, 2008

I have used this product for nearly a year, originally one capsule (500 mg) and now 2 capsules (1000 mg) near bedtime. One capsule was helpful, but after increasing to 2 capsules based on an article in the Life Extension Magazine, the effects have been tremendous. I awaken less during the night, and do not awaken very early in the morning without being able to return to sleep. The overall restfulness of sleep seems better as well. The first two days at 1000 mg I was a little groggy in the morning but that stopped. Note that the addition of B6 and niacinamide has been shown by research to enhance the effectiveness so if you are not taking them separately I would buy the formula with these B vitamins added.

Miracle results!

Posted by Reviewer2085171 on Jun 02, 2008

I'd been suffering from acute (and chronic) anxiety, to the point of almost hyperventilating, constant pressure and ache in my chest, sleeplessness, extreme anxiety/depression. The very 1st night I took this I slept better and had immense relief from the anxiety. I started on 500 mg/night, and a few weeks later increased to 1000 mg/night. My doctor said I could take 500-1500 mg/night. I still had some symptoms of depression so after a few weeks I added St. Johns Wort and am feeling immensely improved. I love that Tryptophan has immediate results. I was told I could take it as needed, no tapering up or off needed. No waiting for positive effects. I overwhelmingly and highly recommend. Also love iherb.com which was recommended to me by my doctor. The quality products, huge assortment, excellent shipping, and amazingly economical prices. Thank you! PS: Get your Carlson's cod liver oil here--it's the most reasonably priced I've found, and free shipping on orders of $60 or more. And no, I don't work for iherb.com. :)

ELIMINATED ANXIETY

Posted by Reviewer1540138 on Jul 22, 2009

I have eliminated my need for SSRIs (prozac) and benzodiazepines (xanax). Without serotonin supplements or prescription meds I experience multiple panic attacks each day. This product COMPLETELY eliminates my anxiety and need for prescription meds. Not kinda - completely. I take 500 mg twice daily (8AM & 12PM)

Wonder pills

Posted by Reviewer2319162 on Sep 24, 2008

I have been a long time sufferer of anxiety,depression and extremely poor sleep combined with lucid dreaming. I have tried everything for 20 years with no success. I now call these my wonder pills. For the first time I know what a good night sleep is. My anxiety has decreased and my depression has lifted. Definatly give these a try. They have given me a life.

Doctor's Best, Best L-Tryptophan Enhanced with Vit. B6 & Niacinamide, 500 mg, 90 Veggie Caps

Posted by Reviewer2102729 on May 14, 2008

I have suffered from depression for over 30 years, stopped taking antidepressants because of terrible side effects and since have searched for a product that might help elleviate the symptoms. Having heard about the way L-Tryptophan can help the brain make more seretonin, I decided to give it a try. This product is easy to use and has helped me sleep better and seems to be starting to help lift my mental fog along with Gingko.