Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Doctor's Best, Best L-Tryptophan, Tryptopure, Powder, 50 g (Discontinued Item)

Reviews 2-star

Mild, if any, effects

Posted by Reviewer1372184 on Jan 15, 2007

I have a pretty severe anxiety/panic disorder. I am extremely open to "natural" treatments for my condition. I am sorry to say that this tryptophan product has extremely mild effects on my anxiety, even at higher doses. I have taken up to 3 grams at a time, and at most I feel a slight decrease in anxiety. It is similar in its effects to St. John's, SAM-e, kava, magnesium, and many of the other natural standards for anxiety/depression I have tried. Unfortunately, benzos, SSRIs, SNRIs, tricyclics, and the like are far more effective for me than are treatments such as this l-tryp. Perhaps this just is not a good brand. However, I have tried two other brands of l-tryp with similar results. Also, this brand has a horrific taste, even when mixed with something sweet. That's my two cents.

Doctor's Best, Best L-Tryptophan Power

Posted by Reviewer2065223 on May 23, 2008

The quality of the product is good so far as I can tell. The only draw back is that it doesn't disolve into water very good at all. In order to get the best out of the product, I get a bowl of applesauce and put one scoop in at a time and eat it that way. I will get capsules next time.

Sleep Quest

Posted by Reviewer3221263 on Jun 11, 2010

I combine the tryptophan with lysine, niacin, hops ginger and gaba and get only modest results. If you have a better formula with some strong rated results, please let me know. Thank You

Taste

Posted by Reviewer2968842 on Aug 09, 2010

Tastes awful but if I can get my daughter to take it it works great