• Doctor's Best uses exclusively the Tryptopure brand of tryptophan, manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan.
  • Customer Ratings

L-Tryptophan powder

Posted by Reviewer2681961 on Jul 07, 2008

I highly recommend this form (powder) and product for anyone who uses tryptophan supplements--mood regulation, DEEP restorative sleep, appetite control, etc. Just be sure to have it with glucose (a juice or piece of bread) and not with protein (for 3 hours prior or 30 minutes after taking the tryptopure) in order to increase effectiveness of the serotonin better passing through the blood-brain barrier. (this is true for ALL trypto-supplements) I particularly like this Tryptophan formula and powder form Vs. Hydroxy-tryptophan pills.... This seems more effective. It's inexpensive too!

Very Effective

Posted by Reviewer1140718 on Jun 12, 2007

This is more powerful than I believed it would be. I tried it for mild to moderate anxiety and it really does work fo me. I seem to sleep more soundly at night as well. The powder is not very dense so it does not mix well with liquid, however this problem is easily overcome. I mix it in with a 1/4 cup of applesauce- add a dash of cinnamon and you're good to go.

Awesome for Sleep!

Posted by Reviewer1125967 on Oct 21, 2007

Not only puts you to sleep but a very deep sleep too... I use to wake up almost every hour, now I sleep 6-8 with no problem

Excellent value

Posted by Reviewer3105907 on Oct 04, 2008

The powder form of tryptophan is more of a value if you use it nightly and need to take more than one dose to fall asleep. I have been using this for the last year and it has totally brought me back to a normal sleep pattern. I wake up feeling rested. Also has me feeling better emotionally. I tried the Now brand of tryptophan but it did not work for me as well as Doctor's best.

Depression

Posted by Reviewer2260549 on Nov 18, 2008

I bought this for my mom for her depression. After lots of research I found this is the best brand. I like the powder vs the capsules because the caps are 500 mg and the powder is a 500 mg scoop but you can use 1/2 the scoop or whatever amount you want to control the dosage. My mom only takes 1/2 a scoop at night and she is really liking it for her depression and improved sleep.

works for me!

Posted by Reviewer1738693 on Oct 15, 2007

Puts me to sleep even with fibromyalgia

Best L-Tryptophen Powder, 100 g

Posted by Reviewer2448204 on Oct 27, 2007

Outstading product. I felt the positive affects of the product right after I began using it. Will purchase it in the future.

Very, Very Good Stuff.

Posted by Reviewer1320584 on Sep 26, 2010

I will say this is probably one of the best supplements on the market and defenitly THE best brand that you can get it in. If you have problems with depression this will help stabalize your mood. Take recommended dosage. Also it is recommended to take it before sleep but I noticed that it actually gives me energy but then again everyone may react differently. I took half of the recommended dosage and it worked just as well but that is up to you.

Posted by BinkySilverman on Feb 02, 2011

Seems to calm and help sleep. For best results take at bedtime, on empty stomach, with a b complex and vitamin c ( i take Twinlab Super b and Lifetime Cal/mag orange flavor. Helps to convert to serotonin... or so i hear. :)

Great for a calm mind and sleep

Posted by coconut on Jul 01, 2012

I used this to calm my mind from stress and to sleep better. I also have had relief from stressors such as work. I can take it at work and not have to worry about prescriptions. It won't make you drowsy. Just less stress and better to cope.  Take on an empty stomach for best results! I like that this product is pure and contains no other ingredients. I buy capsuled L-Tryptophan for my dog. He is easily upset and scared of thunderstorms. I don't like medicating him so after some research I tried this. He is more calm and I feel better that this is more natural than the meds his vet gave him.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »