July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Doctor's Best, Best L-Tryptophan, Tryptopure, Powder, 50 g (Discontinued Item)

Reviews 5-star

L-Tryptophan powder

Posted by Reviewer2681961 on Jul 07, 2008

I highly recommend this form (powder) and product for anyone who uses tryptophan supplements--mood regulation, DEEP restorative sleep, appetite control, etc. Just be sure to have it with glucose (a juice or piece of bread) and not with protein (for 3 hours prior or 30 minutes after taking the tryptopure) in order to increase effectiveness of the serotonin better passing through the blood-brain barrier. (this is true for ALL trypto-supplements) I particularly like this Tryptophan formula and powder form Vs. Hydroxy-tryptophan pills.... This seems more effective. It's inexpensive too!

Very Effective

Posted by Reviewer1140718 on Jun 12, 2007

This is more powerful than I believed it would be. I tried it for mild to moderate anxiety and it really does work fo me. I seem to sleep more soundly at night as well. The powder is not very dense so it does not mix well with liquid, however this problem is easily overcome. I mix it in with a 1/4 cup of applesauce- add a dash of cinnamon and you're good to go.

Awesome for Sleep!

Posted by Reviewer1125967 on Oct 21, 2007

Not only puts you to sleep but a very deep sleep too... I use to wake up almost every hour, now I sleep 6-8 with no problem

Excellent value

Posted by Reviewer3105907 on Oct 04, 2008

The powder form of tryptophan is more of a value if you use it nightly and need to take more than one dose to fall asleep. I have been using this for the last year and it has totally brought me back to a normal sleep pattern. I wake up feeling rested. Also has me feeling better emotionally. I tried the Now brand of tryptophan but it did not work for me as well as Doctor's best.

Depression

Posted by Reviewer2260549 on Nov 18, 2008

I bought this for my mom for her depression. After lots of research I found this is the best brand. I like the powder vs the capsules because the caps are 500 mg and the powder is a 500 mg scoop but you can use 1/2 the scoop or whatever amount you want to control the dosage. My mom only takes 1/2 a scoop at night and she is really liking it for her depression and improved sleep.