• Doctor's Best uses exclusively the Tryptopure brand of tryptophan, manufactured by Ajinomoto of Japan.
  • Reviews | English

Great value

Posted by Reviewer1003688 on May 23, 2008

Now only half the tryptophan for the money. They are selling a 50 gram package for the same as the 100 gram used to cost!!!

Best L-Tryptophen Powder, 100 g

Posted by Reviewer2448204 on Oct 27, 2007

Outstading product. I felt the positive affects of the product right after I began using it. Will purchase it in the future.

works for me!

Posted by Reviewer1738693 on Oct 15, 2007

Puts me to sleep even with fibromyalgia

Very, Very Good Stuff.

Posted by Reviewer1320584 on Sep 26, 2010

I will say this is probably one of the best supplements on the market and defenitly THE best brand that you can get it in. If you have problems with depression this will help stabalize your mood. Take recommended dosage. Also it is recommended to take it before sleep but I noticed that it actually gives me energy but then again everyone may react differently. I took half of the recommended dosage and it worked just as well but that is up to you.

Posted by BinkySilverman on Feb 02, 2011

Seems to calm and help sleep. For best results take at bedtime, on empty stomach, with a b complex and vitamin c ( i take Twinlab Super b and Lifetime Cal/mag orange flavor. Helps to convert to serotonin... or so i hear. :)

Tryptophan, a good product

Posted by Reviewer1572086 on Dec 11, 2007

This stuff is really good, and helped me sleep the first couple times I used, it. It seems to have a tolerance level you hit then it doesn't have the same effect, so you really can't rely on it nite after nite to help you sleep. Good stuff to have around though.

Hopeful in Canada

Posted by Reviewer2041739 on Mar 27, 2010

I have only using L-Tryptophan Powder for 2 weeks, so I still looking for it to take long term effect. However I have had a reduction in anxiety and erratic eating.

Doctor's Best, Best L-Tryptophan Power

Posted by Reviewer2065223 on May 23, 2008

The quality of the product is good so far as I can tell. The only draw back is that it doesn't disolve into water very good at all. In order to get the best out of the product, I get a bowl of applesauce and put one scoop in at a time and eat it that way. I will get capsules next time.

Great for a calm mind and sleep

Posted by coconut on Jul 01, 2012

I used this to calm my mind from stress and to sleep better. I also have had relief from stressors such as work. I can take it at work and not have to worry about prescriptions. It won't make you drowsy. Just less stress and better to cope.  Take on an empty stomach for best results! I like that this product is pure and contains no other ingredients. I buy capsuled L-Tryptophan for my dog. He is easily upset and scared of thunderstorms. I don't like medicating him so after some research I tried this. He is more calm and I feel better that this is more natural than the meds his vet gave him.

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer3229507 on Dec 27, 2008

This is an excellent product, especially for the proce.