Doctor's Best, Best MSM Powder, 8.8 oz (250 g)

Works Great.

Posted by Reviewer2587801 on Apr 16, 2012

I've been taking this for just on a month and have noticed a definite improvement. The pain in my hands from Osteo Arthritis is not as bad and I don't need to take any other pain killers as often as I did. I've also noticed an improvement in my Fybromyalgia pain. I started with two x 1/4 teaspoons a day, (2,000mg in total) and have just increased to two x 1/2 teaspoons a day. I've just bought the book "The Miracle of MSM" by Dr Stanley Jacob. A must read if you're using this product. I feel as if I'm finally getting control of my pain again instead of it controlling me!!! Great stuff. Excellent price too. My only regret is that I can no longer buy this from I Herb due to Australia's customs laws.

not for certain types of people

Posted by philla on Dec 31, 2013

Brand is top notch IMO, supplement can be helpful if you tolerate and dosage appropriately. A lot of people will have severe detox reactions to this if sensitive to sulfur. Many people (i.e. CFS/ME sufferers) are inefficient at metabolizing sulfur compounds and the loose sulfur in this can end up as sulfates and sulfites. I tried a similar but swedish brand of MSM in '07, got hypothyroid and chilly for many weeks and months thereafter. Resolved when I upped the molybdenum and understood importance of methylation and transsulfuration in detoxing. For people having adverse reactions to this, it can be helpful to have in mind that the product is not stale or bad, but it might not suit your unique detox profile. If you include it in your regime, you may benefit from some extra vitamin C, Molybdenum and possibly a B - Complex (with high Thiamine, since sulfites deplete this vitamin)

msm

Posted by Reviewer1164314 on Aug 26, 2008

this is the best msm! pure and good stuff!

arthritis pain

Posted by Reviewer2607322 on Aug 08, 2010

This has helped me with my rheumatoid arthritis pain. I'm feeling much better and it helps me when I exercise. Has also helped to improve my skin, which isn't rough and dry like it once was.

Pure optiMSM

Posted by Reviewer2177198 on Jul 14, 2014

This IS pure optiMSM. It's on the label. Don't know why a reviewer here said it wasn't?? Doctors Best website says they test all products for heavy metal compliance regulation limits .Jarrows is free flowing because it contains silicon dioxide, an additive to avoid. My Doctor's Best isn't caked. Just shake it everyday and it shouldn't cake. MSM start dose is 2 gm, increase up to 3gm x 3. If having detox symptoms, don't increase till they're gone. After several mths., reduce to 2gm x 2. All of the reviews here don't mention dose, so not of much help. iherb now won't ship to Aust., so reordered it through Better Health Int. and Swansons ok. When I ran out of this my back pain got bad again, so obviously it works! Like all MSMs, it doesn't taste good so I add a little flavored stevia.