Great for Cholesterol control.

Posted by Reviewer2882318 on Oct 10, 2009

For 3 years I have taken this Red Yeast 1200 mg twice a day plus niacin 1500 mg and fish oil 8000 IU's. My total cholesterol started at 286 and reduced to 183 in six months. I has remained below 200 as long as I keep using these supplements daily. Love iHerb!! Best prices.

Doctor's Best Red Yeast Rice - Highly Recommended!

Posted by Reviewer2153640 on Feb 15, 2010

Red yeast rice contains lovastatin. Lovastatin belongs to a class of cholesterol-lowering drugs called HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors, more commonly called "statins." (Statins reduce CoQ10, so supplemental CoQ10 is often recommended.) The FDA approved lovastatin in August 1987. Drug giant Merck has a lovastatin product by the trade name Mevacor. Mevacor requires a prescription. Red yeast rice, an ancient traditional Chinese medicine since around 800 A.D., does not. Early last decade, the FDA tried to shut down sellers of red yeast rice; I know because I had recently discovered red yeast rice and suddenly all my sources stopped selling it. Fortunately for me and others who do not want to (over)pay prescription prices for lovastatin, the Chinese traditional medicine predated Mevacor by over 1,100 years, and red yeast rice is back. I ordered my first shipment from iHerb in 2003 and have been a very happy customer ever since!

Red Yeast Rice

Posted by Reviewer1430112 on Feb 25, 2009

My physician recommended these rather than prescription statin drugs. It is working well - my total cholesterol is down and good cholesterol is up.

cpjf

Posted by Reviewer2192077 on Mar 08, 2008

This product, though I have heard great things about it from friends, gave me terrible gas and I have quit taking it. Not sure if it is worth it to me because of that. Who knows, maybe I'll try it again.

Tom Rogers

Posted by Reviewer1857066 on Mar 05, 2008

Before using Red Yeast Rice I was on Crestor and Lypitor and was having bad leg cramps and other side effects. I have been using the Red Yeast Rice for about a 16 months now and my Cholesterol levels have been about the same as with the other prescription drugs. I order from iHerb with the confidence that I can expect delivery within 4 days. You have NEVER failed and NO back orders! Quality products and great prices!

RED RICE YEAST

Posted by Reviewer1003389 on Mar 09, 2009

EXCELLENT PRODUCT. BEEN USING FOR A LONG TIME. BEEN ABLE TO STAY OFF PLAVIX BY USING THIS PRODUCT.

Excellent Results

Posted by Reviewer2924875 on Jun 15, 2011

In approximately 8 months, taking 1200 mg per day lowered my total cholesterol from 243 to 173. I was AMAZED at my lab results. My HDL went up from 30's to 41 and my LDL went from 130's to 97. My tryclicerides were in the borderline high 150's which I can accept and work on BUT overall I am Extremely impressed! I increased exercise a little and ate slightly better but I must attribute most of these number changes to the Red Yeast Rice. This is the first review I have ever felt compelled to write!

Thank you....

Posted by Reviewer2505744 on Sep 09, 2011

Your product was listed on Consumer Labs site as being just what it says it is, and the amount. I have been taking another brand, but wasn't happy with what I read before I joined Consumer Labs. I will purchase the Red Yeast Rice from you again....unless Consumer Labs changes their mind. :)

Red Yeast Rice helps me!

Posted by Reviewer1759128 on Mar 01, 2011

While not enough research has been done on this natural statin, my cholesterol (after using this product for 6 weeks) went down from 275 to 259 and my ratios went down as well. I can't speak for others, but it appears to be working for me!

effective, but tastes horrible

Posted by Reviewer1740144 on Sep 15, 2010

Red yeast significantly lowered my cholesterol levels, however these large tablets have a horrible taste. The taste is almost "soapy". The capsules are an easier (and tasteless) swallow.