July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Doctor's Best, Best Red Yeast Rice, 1200 mg, 60 Tablets (Discontinued Item)

Great for Cholesterol control.

Posted by Reviewer2882318 on Oct 10, 2009

For 3 years I have taken this Red Yeast 1200 mg twice a day plus niacin 1500 mg and fish oil 8000 IU's. My total cholesterol started at 286 and reduced to 183 in six months. I has remained below 200 as long as I keep using these supplements daily. Love iHerb!! Best prices.

Red Yeast Rice

Posted by Reviewer1430112 on Feb 25, 2009

My physician recommended these rather than prescription statin drugs. It is working well - my total cholesterol is down and good cholesterol is up.

Doctor's Best Red Yeast Rice - Highly Recommended!

Posted by Reviewer2153640 on Feb 15, 2010

Red yeast rice contains lovastatin. Lovastatin belongs to a class of cholesterol-lowering drugs called HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors, more commonly called "statins." (Statins reduce CoQ10, so supplemental CoQ10 is often recommended.) The FDA approved lovastatin in August 1987. Drug giant Merck has a lovastatin product by the trade name Mevacor. Mevacor requires a prescription. Red yeast rice, an ancient traditional Chinese medicine since around 800 A.D., does not. Early last decade, the FDA tried to shut down sellers of red yeast rice; I know because I had recently discovered red yeast rice and suddenly all my sources stopped selling it. Fortunately for me and others who do not want to (over)pay prescription prices for lovastatin, the Chinese traditional medicine predated Mevacor by over 1,100 years, and red yeast rice is back. I ordered my first shipment from iHerb in 2003 and have been a very happy customer ever since!

Tom Rogers

Posted by Reviewer1857066 on Mar 05, 2008

Before using Red Yeast Rice I was on Crestor and Lypitor and was having bad leg cramps and other side effects. I have been using the Red Yeast Rice for about a 16 months now and my Cholesterol levels have been about the same as with the other prescription drugs. I order from iHerb with the confidence that I can expect delivery within 4 days. You have NEVER failed and NO back orders! Quality products and great prices!

cpjf

Posted by Reviewer2192077 on Mar 08, 2008

This product, though I have heard great things about it from friends, gave me terrible gas and I have quit taking it. Not sure if it is worth it to me because of that. Who knows, maybe I'll try it again.