Doctor's Best, Best Serrapeptase, 270 Veggie Caps

Great product..BUT !..its coated with a banned plastic !

Posted by Reviewer2494531 From Australia on Sep 21, 2012

Ive only been using this for a short time and so has my 71 YO mother. We have both felt better only after 2-3 weeks. The problem is,we wont be using this brand again because of the enteric coating which is made of a banned plastic ! Can you believe that. ALL of doctors best enteric coatings are made of "hpmcp" which was banned from childrens toys in 2003. What retarded person in DrBest then thought it would be OK to use it to put it into our body. Idiots. So here is their email. PLEASE tell them you are not happy with "hpmcp" and maybe they will change the enteric coating to high dencity cellulose which is NOT harmfull. info@drbvitamins.com Its outrageous that this coating is used in ALL their products. Plastic has serious side effects on hormones. WE DO NOT WANT THIS ON OUR SUPPLEMENTS ! ------------------> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ * 8-12-2013 - RESPONSE FROM: Doctor's Best: We regret the miscommunication to iHerb because Doctor’s Best removed the usage of Hydroxy propyl Methyl cellulose- Phthalate (“hpmcp”) in Q4 2012. All Doctor’s Best Serrapeptase products are currently manufactured with a specially designed Serrateric™ system which encapsulates the Serrapeptase ingredient itself; not the capsule. Serrateric™ is a non-GMO natural coating-free acid protection system. Serrateric™ is a combination of approved food additives (self-affirmed GRAS) that work to provide gastric protection for pH sensitive enzymes without the need for additional coating. The Serrateric™ system dissolves by coming in contact with bile salts found only in the small intestine assuring bio-absorption of the Serrapeptase active ingredient past the stomach pH environment. Doctor’s Best does not believe the products provided previously were unsafe but we do recognize advances in science and technology afford us the ability to consistently improve our products and formulations. We sincerely believe we have partnered with our manufacturer to develop the safest and most effective Serrapeptase product on the market.

Awesome

Posted by Reviewer2548727 From Texas on Jun 18, 2008

I gave it to my husband because it had helped me soo much with a sore knee and shoulder problem. I didn't expect that it would stop his snoring and apnea. Go figure!

Worth a try

Posted by Reviewer2386318 From Australia on Aug 28, 2010

I have been taking Serrapeptase,Nattokinase and Acetyl-L Carnitinne with Alpha Lipoic acid after developing peyrones disease and scarring on a coronary stent. My doctors could not offer an explanation of what was happening and I felt terrible even though blood tests and ateriogram showed good results after a new stent was inserted. I read as much as I could and discussed with my doctors the possibility that I was suffering from some kind of underlying inflammatory condition. Since the doctors could not offer any other options, (I already take a bucket of daily medications and exercise regularly)I decided to try these as supplements. After 6 months the peyrones disease effect seems to have eased rather than progressed and I have had a thorough physical and blood tests which showed normal results. More importantly, I do not feel like I am walking through treacle just to get out of bed and go to work. My doctors are encouraging me to stick with the supplements as they can see not detrimental effects on my blood chemistry or blood enzyme activity. I definately do feel better and think it is worth my while to persist with these supplements.I feel I should add the rider that my view is these are supplements to a careful diet and regular exercise. Diet and exercise provide the foundation on which to re-build health. cheers, Brad

Ms Sandra John

Posted by Reviewer2809630 From Australia on Dec 26, 2008

I am using the Serrapeptase for myself as an anti aging supplement and for an aged dog with chronic Allergic Bronchitis as an anti-inflammatory substiute for Prednisone. I can't report any dramatic response in either case but I can say I have almost phased Prednisone out without any apparant adverse change. I tried before without Serrapeptase and there was a worsening of symptoms. It's hard to be more precise as I am using many other things as well, but my feeling is that I want to continue with the Serreptase.

Bigger bottle size means ECONOMY

Posted by Reviewer3021388 From Hong Kong on Sep 08, 2008

Serrapeptase is a naturally occurring protease enzyme and digests non-living tissue, blood clots, mucous, cysts, arterial plague and inflammation in all forms with NO inhibitory effects on prostaglandins.