10% Off Orders Over $40!

Doctor's Best, Best Stabilized R-Lipoic Acid, 100 mg, 60 Veggie Caps

Good for Diabetic Neuropathy

Posted by Reviewer1557324 on Apr 17, 2012

I was diagnosed with Type 2, Diabetes 5 years ago. I am 70 years old. The worst case scenario for for diabetic is nerve damage in feet and legs causing burning, tingling and numbness and even amputations. Eye damage which can lead to blindness and kidney failure. Within the first year I began to have issues with my left leg and foot as mentioned above. I read about Lipoic Acid and that the R-Lipooic acid was the best kind. I started taking 500 Mg. per day, which is considered safe, even at 1200 Mg. I used Dr.Best and Life Extensions 300 Mg to make up the 500 Mg. dose. I no longer have any leg or foot issues. My Opthamologist said there was no evidence of any damage to my eyes. R-Lipoic acid is not a license to eat WRONG, but it has played a big role in preventing and reversing nerve damage for me I believe. Other diabetic I know are having their toes removed, walking with canes due to nerve damage, etc., and losing their eye sight. Learn to eat right and exercise and take R-Lipoic Acid and a high grade fish oil. Educate yourself on Diabetes, as you will get little help from your doctors as a general rule. Most Diabetic cook books are a mere hint of what they should be. Bitter Melon Capsules have also helped lower my blood sugar, which I buy from I-Herb. No one thing is a cure all for this disease. You must change your life style and eating habits.

Good eye health

Posted by Reviewer1637090 on Apr 23, 2009

The article that I read informed that R-Lipoic Acid was a good product to enhance eye health for patients with glaucoma along with traditional meds. I received the best eye test since I learned that I had the disease.

Hypoglycemia Helper

Posted by Reviewer1934518 on Mar 06, 2010

I have reactive hypoglycemia and this is one of the first supplements I've ever taken that really seems to help me. I researched on the web that ALA may lower blood sugar so I didn't try it for fear of feeling worse. For some reason I decided to try it and I was shocked I how good I felt. I even tested a very high carb meal and it didn't completely fix my reactive hypoglycemia, but I feel a lot better afterwards...like the sugar hangover is way less. I love this stuff and will take it forever probably.

Amazed by the difference when taking this

Posted by Reviewer1287175 on May 17, 2010

I've always battled sweet cravings and hunger pangs, and when I take this, those cravings are all but gone. The feeling of satisfaction after eating lasts much longer, and my energy level doesn't go up and down. I wouldn't have believed that this product could possibly make such a difference in my quality of life. Fantastic.

Most Cost Effective R-Lioic Acid (Corrrect Optical Isomer)

Posted by Reviewer1016912 on Dec 22, 2008

Best price per gram, very high quality product. Take with meals. Combine one to two doses a day with daily L-Carnitine. Note: L-Carnitine should be taken on an empty stomach. Taking these each day increases the efficiency of the cellular mitochondrial. Take these each day and forget about your morning coffee, you will have energy without caffeine.