Good Amount of Vitamin D3

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Mar 29, 2015

These capsules are small and very easy to swallow. 5,000 IU = 125 µg vitamin D3, the best form of vitamin D, has been the right dosage for me all year round, although I am quite small in size. I have measured my blood serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D, 25(OH)D three times and now in March 2015 my test result was 141 nmol/L = 56.4 ng/ml. My test result was now at optimum level which is 125 - 150 nmol/L = 50 - 60 ng/ml when you are taking enough Vitamin D. I will continue with the same dosage 5,000 IU daily to keep my vitamin D level right. There is no need to worry about overdosing because the tendency for serum 25(OH)D to rise when the starting level already is higher is very gradual. If you found this review helpful, kindly indicate that by clicking on the Yes Button, thank you.

My Bottle Says Virgin Olive Oil!! Not soy

Posted by SherryB on Aug 31, 2012

I have taken this D3 because it contained olive oil not soy oil. In fact the bottle I have indicates olive oil and "contains nothing other than listed ingredients". The information listed now indicates "soy oil" on iherb, but the Dr. B website indicates olive oil. I still think this is a good product. I will write iherb to investigate the product.

Posted by Reviewer2412967 on May 30, 2010

Very tiny gel pill.

Dosage too high which is harmful to the body!

Posted by 5155890126300345075 on Jul 28, 2015

Dr Best products normally are on hi dosage! And this Vitamin D is 5000 IU. It came to my knowledge that hi dosage is usually more than 2000 IU is harmful to the health & this one is 5,000 IU. MADNESS!! Do not take this thing for long-term basis meaning above a year!

D3 deficiency

Posted by Reviewer2823339 on Mar 14, 2014

Take to boost vit D3 levels, usually take Healthy Origins brand. These seem good too, use extra olive oil in caps & no other junk in ingredients & great price.