| English
| USD ($)

Doctor's Best, Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM, 240 Capsules

Reviews 4-star

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

This combination of glucosamine sulphate, chondroitin sulphate and MSM is the most common formula for joint problems. This synergy works because each ingredient compliments the others. Glucosamine helps to form and repair cartilage in the joint and is anti-inflammatory (reduce the pain and swelling). Chondroitin helps to give cartilage elasticity, lubricant the joints and is anti-inflammatory as well. MSM helps to strengthen the connective tissue in the joint. MSM also has high sulphur content which is also beneficial in other parts of our body like skin, hair, nails. The caps are made of gelatine (not for vegetarian), fairly large but still easy to swallow. The product does contain magnesium stearate. Whether there is any health effects from magnesium stearate like claimed, it is highly debateable. The suggested use is 2 capsules daily (120 days). From my own experience, 2 capsules are more suitable for maintenance once your joint stops hurting and giving discomfort. If your joints are hurting or “clicking” when walking, you probably want to take 4 capsules daily till the problems are gone before reducing to 2 capsules. As for the price, this is cheapest per mg and this is made by a reputable company. Check out my page for more reviews!

best price, best product

Posted by Reviewer1472350 on Apr 09, 2009

I've been using this for at least five years and I've found nothing better and the iHerb.com price is the best I've found anywhere. Without using this product everyday, I'd likely be unable to walk or be mobile without pain and stiffness. Sometimes during cold weather especially, I have to increase my dosage but I highly recommend it.

Don't dare to stop using

Posted by Reviewer3287921 on Aug 29, 2011

When I started using glucosamine, I didn't notice big difference. Stretching maybe became a bit more productive. But now, whenever I stop using glucosamine for a week-or-so I immediately notice the "backward difference", while joints become more prone and aching.

Seems good, but not sure of effect yet

Posted by Reviewer1150473 on Jan 26, 2011

I purchased these because I was hoping for 2 things: 1) getting less pain because of the MSM and 2) strenghten the cartilage in my back (disc prolapse). I know that this is not a product that will make me get well just within a few days, so I will give it a few months and see (only been using it for a week). My mother has atrhrosis and is very happy with how her knee function has improved after taking a similar product for 6 months. :)

For better or worse

Posted by Reviewer1608415 on Jan 27, 2011

About 8 years ago I had an orthopedic review of my right knee by a relevant surgeon. He was of the opinion that with my arthritic damage i would be on his list for knee replacement within 2 years. Today, 8 years later I (66) am still going strong climbing mountains on skis twice a week and/or cycle/bike twice more each week with just a slight discomfort on ocasions. I put this down to regular activity reasonable weight control and last but not least believe that Glucosamine Chondroitin might also be contributing. In any event I see no reason to change my good practice!