Doctor's Best, Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM, 240 Capsules

Reviews 4-star

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

This combination of glucosamine sulphate, chondroitin sulphate and MSM is the most common formula for joint problems. This synergy works because each ingredient compliments the others. Glucosamine helps to form and repair cartilage in the joint and is anti-inflammatory (reduce the pain and swelling). Chondroitin helps to give cartilage elasticity, lubricant the joints and is anti-inflammatory as well. MSM helps to strengthen the connective tissue in the joint. MSM also has high sulphur content which is also beneficial in other parts of our body like skin, hair, nails. The caps are made of gelatine (not for vegetarian), fairly large but still easy to swallow. The product does contain magnesium stearate. Whether there is any health effects from magnesium stearate like claimed, it is highly debateable. The suggested use is 2 capsules daily (120 days). From my own experience, 2 capsules are more suitable for maintenance once your joint stops hurting and giving discomfort. If your joints are hurting or “clicking” when walking, you probably want to take 4 capsules daily till the problems are gone before reducing to 2 capsules. As for the price, this is cheapest per mg and this is made by a reputable company. Check out my page for more reviews!

best price, best product

Posted by Reviewer1472350 on Apr 09, 2009

I've been using this for at least five years and I've found nothing better and the iHerb.com price is the best I've found anywhere. Without using this product everyday, I'd likely be unable to walk or be mobile without pain and stiffness. Sometimes during cold weather especially, I have to increase my dosage but I highly recommend it.

product and price

Posted by Reviewer1560688 on May 12, 2010

initially i thought this was a great price for gluc/chondroiton but as it turns out the dosage is two capsules twice a day so for the price you're actually getting a 60 day supply which is still not bad.

...never would have believed it!!!

Posted by Reviewer3113147 on Jul 16, 2010

I have had arthritis for quite a few years and have tried different anti-inflammatories without success and even Glucosamine previously also without success. This time, I combined it with exercise on a stationary bike. It really made a difference.

I think it's working!

Posted by Reviewer1601662 on Nov 17, 2009

My husband and I are taking this. He has been taking it longer than I have and says his knees are feeling better. It used to hurt to squat down to pick something up, but know he can do it without pain! I am not sure if it's working for me yet. Hopefully I see the same results as he has.