Aging and Lower Production of Ubiquinol CoQ10

Posted by kwickset on Oct 11, 2012

As you age your body produces less and less of this vital health enhancing nutrient and should be supplemented to complement this lower production as you age. CoQ10 has properties similar to vitamins, but since it is naturally synthesized in the body it is not classed as such. With chemical structure 2,3-dimethoxy-5-methyl-6-decaprenyl-1,4-benzoquinone, it is also known as ubiquinone because of its 'ubiquitous' distribution throughout the human body. There is an ever-growing body of scientific data that shows substantial health benefits of CoQ10 supplementation for people suffering from angina, heart attack and hypertension. Other studies have reported CoQ10 may play a role in the prevention of, or benefit people already suffering from, neurodegenerative diseases. The nutrient is also recommended to people on statins to off-set the CoQ-depleting effects of the medication.

Great!

Posted by Robertdknauf on Apr 22, 2013

I have felt the energy and improvements after taking these for a few weeks... nicer to swallow than the veggie caps

Fantastic for gum health

Posted by Reviewer1489917 on Jun 09, 2012

I am prone to getting gum disease on my teeth as long as I keep taking these it wards that off and also I notice I have gained lots of get up and go.

New design, same good efficacy

Posted by Reviewer2635763 on Aug 21, 2014

My parents were always non-believers in any sort of supplements. After a good year or two of constant nagging and persuading, I managed to get my dad to try it (he's on statins and is a heart attack survivor, with 30% heart function left). The results were amazing and he's now on it daily. My mom has also jumped on the bandwagon and it has helped her with her palpitations (due to a faulty valve, and menopause).

Urgent Urination

Posted by Reviewer1246812 on Jun 01, 2010

I drink a lot of water throughout the day so I urinate often. I noticed after I started taking these I would have an urgency when I had to go, and a feeling that even though I just went, I still had to go some more. I stopped taking them for a week and the problems stopped. I started taking them again yesterday and already the urgency is back. An added down side was that the feeling that I had to still go all the time was interfering with sexual performance. I researched side effects of CoQ10 and there was nothing about this, but if you take it and notice this problem, stop taking it and see what happens.

cheap

Posted by Reviewer2090144 on Jan 14, 2011

I don't feel any difference off these. Too cheap of product. Some of the pills were black on the ends, ewww

CoQ10 - Take With Statins To Reduce Leg Cramps

Posted by Reviewer2030895 on Mar 21, 2011

I take 300MG per day (3x) to prevent leg cramps. It works! Also, seems to help reduce the slight pain in my knees. I'm 68 years old in excellent shape. Some say this stuff also benefits your heart.

Unsure

Posted by Reviewer2542954 on Feb 21, 2011

It is probably doing great things but I do not really see a big difference.

Does Co Q 10 in this form cause heart burn

Posted by Reviewer1017951 on Apr 18, 2011

I do find that the pepper in this product causes heartburn unless I have it with food. I am wondering about the quality and absorption of this poduct

Causes Diarrhea worse than non-pharmaceutical grade coq10!

Posted by Reviewer3035553 on Nov 30, 2008

I would say that unless you are really sensitive to bad coq10, you can't really tell how good it is. This stuff gives me the runs even worse than the non-pharmaceutical grade coq10 I was trying before. Apparently coq10 is hard to make, and there is a huge amount of trying to skimp on it. So far the only brand that doesn't give me the runs is wholehealth brand pharmaceutical grade coq10, and it's expensive. So the search for a reasonably priced one goes on.