10% Off Orders Over $40!

Doctor's Best, High Absorption Magnesium, 100% Chelated, 240 Tablets

Love it

Posted by Reviewer1759205 on Jul 12, 2010

This has removed what I believed to be social anxiety. that AMAZING as I have lived with social anxiety since being a young kid. No tension when I am in crowded places, meeting new people, having groups of kids run and play and potentially crash into me. I feel blessed.

Recommended for strong bones and mountaineering

Posted by Reviewer2512653 on Feb 16, 2012

Having been convinced by Dr Barnett's research that magnesium deficiency causes osteoporosis, and that magnesium deficiency is very common, I decided three years ago that I would take two 200mg tablets a day. The Doctor's Best tablets are relatively cheap but appear to be a good product. Although they are rather large to swallow they do go down all right, and I have had absolutely no digestive problems as a result of taking them. I take only two food supplements - these and vitamin D - so I am not a pill addict, but I would recommend these to anyone, particularly in later life, who wants to maintain good health for a long time. At the age of seventy I am training for a 24 hour, 30 mile mountain walking challenge with 12,000 ft of climbing including some rock faces, so I reckon I am a pretty good advertisement for strong bones and continuing good health, with some assistance from Doctor's Best!

Goes down easy

Posted by Reviewer1870636 on Jan 07, 2010

This magnesium supplement is 100% chelated, not buffered, with amino acids glysine and lysine. The result is a molecular footprint that does not require digestion, it passes directly into your body. I have had zero side effects from taking this magesium supplement. I take magnesium to improve health at the cell level with particular attention to maintaining a healthy heart. I've been going to the gym for several years and grew accustomed to sore muscles between workouts. Since I started taking this magnesium supplement the soreness has completely disappeared. It is a remarkable change for me. I am sold on the claim that magnesium also improves the ability of muscles to relax.

Good but can be better as well!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Magnesium is one of the most overlooked mineral thanks to its brother, Calcium. In fact, magnesium is more important than calcium. Without magnesium, calcium will be useless. Both worked complimentarily. Most people today take too much calcium and too little magnesium due to the calcium hype. Most people take in the ratio of 1 magnesium: 5 to 10 calcium!. The optimum should be 1:1 ratio. Magnesium is involved over 300 metabolic functions! Calcium helps the muscle to contract whereas magnesium helps the muscle to relax. Magnesium helps to control our heartbeat, helps to relieve muscle tension, various nervous systems issue such as sensitivity, restlessness, helps to make bone strong, helps to reduce cancer, fight obesity and more. Most magnesium products are poor absorbed by the body. This product uses magnesium glycinate / lysinate chelate which is the most bioavailable magnesium, other than food based magnesium. Food magnesium is the best. However, it is costly and low in dosage. So it is the next best alternative. The tablets are vegetarians, not too big and comfortable for swallowing. The daily recommended dosage is 2 tablets twice daily (800mg) which is just about right. The price is reasonable for a 2 month supply. It is best taken with food since most food these days comes with added calcium. Calcium cannot be absorbed without magnesium! The product does contain magnesium stearate. Whether there is any health effects from magnesium stearate like claimed, it is highly debateable. Check out my page for more reviews!

Easy on the stomach

Posted by Reviewer2884447 on Sep 29, 2009

I take 2 tablets at night before going to bed. Helps reduce muscle pains and consequently helps me sleep. My Dr. recommended Magnesium Glycinate over other forms because it is easily absorbed and doesn't cause loose stools. Works for me.