Great magnesium, but mag citrate equally effective and cheaper

Posted by Reviewer1428185 on Jan 20, 2012

All magnesium supplements are not created equal. Before I tried this, I was taking NOW Foods magnesium citrate. Prior to that I was taking magnesium oxide. The oxide form did nothing at all. Both the citrate and this (glycinate/lycinate) form have done AMAZING things for me. I take at least 3 per day, with meals. I no longer have painful muscle spasms in my feet, or muscle twitches in my face. It relieves my menstrual cramps, loosens my tight neck, shoulder, and back muscles that cause headaches if I do not take enough. After having so many benefits from magnesium citrate, I thought I'd try this magnesium glycinate/lysinate form, to see if it was more potent and might allow me to take fewer tablets. I've actually found it to work exactly the same as the NOW mag citrate tablets, for me, and the citrate tablets are cheaper. But this form does still work, and I still consider it a good product.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer3262498 on Dec 10, 2010

I ordered this for my mom. She has hypertension and often feels dizzy when she lies down. After taking one tablet of magnesium every morning for one month, her hypertension has been getting better and dizziness is almost gone. This is a great product. I will buy it again!

Dr's Best Pretty Good

Posted by Reviewer2192342 on Apr 19, 2011

I was experiencing frequent eyelid twitches which is a symptom of a magnesium deficiency. This stopped the twitching after a couple of days. It's also the only type of magnesium I've tried that doesnn't act like a laxitive.

Helps with sleep

Posted by Reviewer1550438 on Apr 19, 2008

Magnesium helps me with sleep.

Didn't like at all!

Posted by Reviewer1523883 on Dec 26, 2011

I didn't expect these tablets to be GIGANTIC CAPLETS! They were so hard to swallow. I hated them. I took a few and will have to throw out the rest. I ordered the powdered magnesium instead. That was very good. Has a nice lemony flavor.

No Heart palpitations!

Posted by Reviewer2920975 on Jun 25, 2010

I started taking magnesium a while ago because of my heart palpitations that I started to have due to birth control pills and after stopping they have stayed with me a little. Since switching to this highly absorbed chelated magnesium from what I was previously taking: magnesium oxide I have not had an incident since. Truly great!

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer2919687 on Feb 02, 2007

If you need to get your magensium levels up-this is an excellent way to do it. It will not cause diarrhea as other forms of magnesium will. Is a big help with muscle stiffness

The best

Posted by Reviewer1505102 on Apr 05, 2009

I've tried other Magnesium (including Now brand, which I use often) and they just don't compare. For me, this stuff WORKS for natuarl relaxtion and assists in keeping my blood pressure down. Love it!

good stuff

Posted by Reviewer1499622 on Jan 23, 2012

There is a lot of conflicting info out there about how likely (or unlikely) it is that the average person will benefit from magnesium, but iHerb.com has it at such a good value that if you think you MIGHT benefit, it's worth trying. I bought this brand (Doc's Best) and another brand (Now Foods Mag. Citrate softgels) in a desperate attempt to alleviate insomnia, since many have said that it can have a mild sedative effect. It *does* make me more relaxed (I only take it at bedtime - you might want to experiment before trying it during the day), but even better, it seems to have eliminated the back aches that used to wake me up during the night. Even if you don't think you're deficient, magnesium is worth trying if you have a lot of general aches and pains, muscle cramps, or even sleep issues, and Doctor's Best brand works very well.

Think its something in the pills that makes me really tired.

Posted by 4804626359688305699 on Feb 08, 2013

I read allot of good things about this product. When i started to take these pills i feel reallllly tired. Almost like i was sedated. I have tried a product from solaray before, and i never feelt like this. Guess its normal to feel tired after taking magnesium, but not like this. Will never order again. Maybee i react to some of the ingredients.