Showed signs of helping....

Posted by Reviewer2272345 on May 17, 2010

I used to take a prescription antidepressant but stopped about 9 months ago due to negative side affects. My friend was taking Sam-E and suggested I try it. While it did help boost my energy and mood it unfortunately made me break out really bad. I would have never put 2 and 2 together until I left the Sam-E at home on a weekend getaway and my pimples all disappeared. When I started taking it again, they came right back.

Get rid of the fillers

Posted by Reviewer2834052 on Aug 19, 2011

I feel SAMe does help my mood as well as my joints. I was excited to find SAMe at this price point. However, Talc and Titanium dioxide are toxic and don't belong in health supplements. I won't repurchase this product until those ingredients are removed. I am glad this product is working for so many people - but please take a look at the "other ingredients" on your supplements!

Something is very wrong

Posted by tigercho on Aug 29, 2012

I usually buy SAM-e in the form of a prescrived drug from a pharmacy. I bought this for its low price, but it has ZERO effectiveness. It doesn't seem to be absorbed at all.

Felt weird, major depression episode once stopped this after 2 weeks.. didn't work for me

Posted by theveryblonde on Jan 30, 2015

I was very hopeful for SAMe, but the way I felt made me not continue taking it. I noticed positive mood after 3 days taking it, after 2 weeks taking 400 mg per day I started feeling weird, my mood was up but I was anxious and kind of spaced, not feeling myself. This freaked me out because I had such effect after taking some SSRI years ago and I hated such feeling. When I stopped taking this I felt terrible, I had about a week of painful depression.Maybe also my PMS symptoms before period had impact, but I knew it was not only PMS, I never felt this bad before period. I was so desperate and sad that it hurt. My heart was also pumping like crazy. Maybe I should have continued taking it for at least 1 month, but it just didn't feel right. Now I'm afraid to take it again.

Upset my stomach

Posted by 5591379358987721533 on Jul 30, 2013

Made my stomach hurt a few hrs after I took it. And I did take as directed. Maybe start with a small pack first to see how it effects you.

Not very good.

Posted by Reviewer2920365 on Oct 31, 2013

I have been fairly unimpressed with Dr's Best products so far. If there have been no major changes in formulation and or/ingredient quality of this SAM-e formulation in the past year, then I would expect they would replicate the average results I got last time. Put simply, not really worth the money.

didn't work for me!!

Posted by Reviewer1737740 on Mar 07, 2012

I tried these for mild depression (taking 4 per day) but never noticed any difference. They are also quite expensive so I've stopped using them.

Sam-E Mania

Posted by Reviewer1373671 on Jul 24, 2010

This product worked great, for a few weeks. I think it would have continued to work well if I had tapered my dose down. It got to be too much. Some day I would experience what can only be described as mania, energetic explosions that were uncontrollable, including eruptions of anger. Had to stop taking it. It's too bad because I liked the results I was getting.

Dee

Posted by Reviewer1547002 on Oct 05, 2008

well priced, however,I did experience a little stomache upset (not sure if it related to this product but thought it worth mentioning)

not my Holy Grail for depression

Posted by Reviewer3303538 on Nov 23, 2009

I've heard alot of good things about Sam-e, but this really hurt my stomach/ GI tract with nausea and cramping (I've read that Sam-e can do that, too). My dose was on the high end-- 1200-1600 mg a day, but I understand that's what you need in order for it to be truly effective (and my depression is severe). Since it is supposed to be one of the best of its kind for quality and mood-enhancing effects, I'm assuming that other brands wouldn't work for me, either...

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »