Felt weird, major depression episode once stopped this after 2 weeks.. didn't work for me

Posted by theveryblonde on Jan 30, 2015

I was very hopeful for SAMe, but the way I felt made me not continue taking it. I noticed positive mood after 3 days taking it, after 2 weeks taking 400 mg per day I started feeling weird, my mood was up but I was anxious and kind of spaced, not feeling myself. This freaked me out because I had such effect after taking some SSRI years ago and I hated such feeling. When I stopped taking this I felt terrible, I had about a week of painful depression.Maybe also my PMS symptoms before period had impact, but I knew it was not only PMS, I never felt this bad before period. I was so desperate and sad that it hurt. My heart was also pumping like crazy. Maybe I should have continued taking it for at least 1 month, but it just didn't feel right. Now I'm afraid to take it again.

Not very good.

Posted by Reviewer2920365 on Oct 31, 2013

I have been fairly unimpressed with Dr's Best products so far. If there have been no major changes in formulation and or/ingredient quality of this SAM-e formulation in the past year, then I would expect they would replicate the average results I got last time. Put simply, not really worth the money.

Upset my stomach

Posted by 5591379358987721533 on Jul 30, 2013

Made my stomach hurt a few hrs after I took it. And I did take as directed. Maybe start with a small pack first to see how it effects you.

Something is very wrong

Posted by tigercho on Aug 29, 2012

I usually buy SAM-e in the form of a prescrived drug from a pharmacy. I bought this for its low price, but it has ZERO effectiveness. It doesn't seem to be absorbed at all.

didn't work for me!!

Posted by Reviewer1737740 on Mar 07, 2012

I tried these for mild depression (taking 4 per day) but never noticed any difference. They are also quite expensive so I've stopped using them.

Get rid of the fillers

Posted by Reviewer2834052 on Aug 19, 2011

I feel SAMe does help my mood as well as my joints. I was excited to find SAMe at this price point. However, Talc and Titanium dioxide are toxic and don't belong in health supplements. I won't repurchase this product until those ingredients are removed. I am glad this product is working for so many people - but please take a look at the "other ingredients" on your supplements!

Exercise is better

Posted by Reviewer2555447 on Apr 24, 2011

This product effects my blood sugar levels so much i become weak and shaky whilst taking my dog on a walk. I have given it 2 stars because it must be good for those without blood sugar issues,if you do try it do some physical exercise 2 hours after consumption to see if it triggers hyperinsulism in you. May be good for couch potatoes as it does have a calming effect.

Sam-E Mania

Posted by Reviewer1373671 on Jul 24, 2010

This product worked great, for a few weeks. I think it would have continued to work well if I had tapered my dose down. It got to be too much. Some day I would experience what can only be described as mania, energetic explosions that were uncontrollable, including eruptions of anger. Had to stop taking it. It's too bad because I liked the results I was getting.

Showed signs of helping....

Posted by Reviewer2272345 on May 17, 2010

I used to take a prescription antidepressant but stopped about 9 months ago due to negative side affects. My friend was taking Sam-E and suggested I try it. While it did help boost my energy and mood it unfortunately made me break out really bad. I would have never put 2 and 2 together until I left the Sam-E at home on a weekend getaway and my pimples all disappeared. When I started taking it again, they came right back.

Stomach irritant

Posted by Reviewer1723143 on Jan 31, 2010

The product seemed to be working well until I developed stomach pain. At first I didn't attribute it to the SAMe, but eventually realized that was the only likely culprit. Then I read on the package that it can cause gastrointestinal distress in some people. I'm apparently one of those people and will therefore be trying a different brand. If you have a history of gastritis or related problem, beware.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »