Works quite well

Posted by Reviewer1014818 on Aug 27, 2008

I am the type of person that doesn't notice differences in anything. I started having increased social anxiety and decided to try SAM-e and again I didn't notice anything. Until I forgot to take it. Wow. 400mg in the morning and evening seems to work the best for me. If I start feeling anxiety in the afternoon while taking it, I know it's time to take it down to 200mg twice a day.

Veterinary recommendation

Posted by Reviewer2041150 on Apr 10, 2008

Our vet recommended SAM-e for one of our dogs due to elevated liver enzymes caused by anti-seizure meds. His latest blood test, after using SAM-e (plus milk thistle and vitamin E) showed marked improvement!

good value, effective, but...

Posted by happyherbs on Nov 29, 2012

Very effective mood lifter, but I found the amount here too strong for me overall and this created anxiety and insomnia as a result (now I take 50-100mg only, or take Trimethylgyciene (TMG) instead depending (http://www.raysahelian.com/trimethylglycine.html)), would be good if you want fast results, but be careful taking this amount initially in case of unexpected results or if you have Bipolar in your family. Oh and definitely don't take this at the same time as taking antidepressants! Dr Ray Sahelian has some great balanced info on SAMe here that you may find helpful: http://www.raysahelian.com/sam-e.html (don't buy it from him though, iherb is cheaper ;) )

It works for me, but be aware of the wind!!

Posted by 5291935700964908654 on Nov 26, 2013

I live in England and we have nothing like SAMe 400. I suffer with very bad arthritis in both hands, elbows, wrists and feet. I have painful steroid injections and the Doctor wants me to start a tablet with horrendous side effects. I have been taking this SAMe tablet for a month and have just ordered another box. I already feel the benefit with my arthritis. Its winter here so I am very surprised at how little pain I am having with my joints. During the first 3 weeks of taking the tablet, it effected my tummy quite badly. I was so full of wind that I couldn't place myself in a social situation!!! I had to stay home. I put up with it and by week 4 it is a lot more manageable. A small price to pay for pain free hands and feet. It hasn't had any effect on my mood as yet. I am still a grumpy short tempered soul! But I am hoping that it will. I have found out today that this tablet works so much better if taken with B6 and B12 vitamins at the same time. So I have ordered some and will keep you all posted. Also I am going to try a new joint gel called Flexiseq. Once again, I cant get it in the UK so I am having to get it from Germany. But it has great reviews. Thank you.

Promising item

Posted by Reviewer2211299 on Oct 29, 2009

I have been using this product for about 6 weeks. I started with 400 mg, then went to 800 mg, and today began 1200 mg per day without food. Results are not consistent. Some days are better than others, but generally I believe that Sam-e offers some relief from the chronic pain of arthritis. As far as depression is concerned, I have noticed some minimal improvement.

It could be working.

Posted by Reviewer1899559 on Oct 06, 2008

When I first took this I immediately felt very anxious during the day and could not sleep at night. I then started taking 7-keto and this has helped with the anxiety. I still have down periods but this seems to have a similar effect to soroxat, in that when I start to get emotional whether angry or sad it stops me going too far. I seem to move on and forget what upset me. I can also recommend 7-keto or Pregnenolone for social anxiety.

Lifted my mood...

Posted by HealthinSimplicityHIX068 on Feb 03, 2007

I was intending to use this product for joint problems but was more impressed with the mood lifting effects. It was pretty dramatic and happened in a few days. It was more dramatic during the first few weeks but has tapered back somewhat since. Supposed to be good for you genes, too! Something about methylation. Overall a good product.

Doctor's Best, Double-Strength SAM-e 400, By Barry P.

Posted by Reviewer2113018 on Apr 25, 2008

I've noticed such an improvement in my overall moods. I used to have a short fuse, now i'm more patient. Also have had some joint pain. Hard to say if it's the Doctors Best SAM-e or the Alieve I take, but I do fell better all around

CFS

Posted by Reviewer1225877 on Jul 01, 2009

It is a very good product for my CFS, thank you.

SAM-e

Posted by Reviewer2085972 on Aug 25, 2008

Honestly feel calmer, less panic attacks, and I KNOW I am calmer at work when the situation gets stressful!