Works quite well

Posted by Reviewer1014818 on Aug 27, 2008

I am the type of person that doesn't notice differences in anything. I started having increased social anxiety and decided to try SAM-e and again I didn't notice anything. Until I forgot to take it. Wow. 400mg in the morning and evening seems to work the best for me. If I start feeling anxiety in the afternoon while taking it, I know it's time to take it down to 200mg twice a day.

Veterinary recommendation

Posted by Reviewer2041150 on Apr 10, 2008

Our vet recommended SAM-e for one of our dogs due to elevated liver enzymes caused by anti-seizure meds. His latest blood test, after using SAM-e (plus milk thistle and vitamin E) showed marked improvement!

Promising item

Posted by Reviewer2211299 on Oct 29, 2009

I have been using this product for about 6 weeks. I started with 400 mg, then went to 800 mg, and today began 1200 mg per day without food. Results are not consistent. Some days are better than others, but generally I believe that Sam-e offers some relief from the chronic pain of arthritis. As far as depression is concerned, I have noticed some minimal improvement.

It could be working.

Posted by Reviewer1899559 on Oct 06, 2008

When I first took this I immediately felt very anxious during the day and could not sleep at night. I then started taking 7-keto and this has helped with the anxiety. I still have down periods but this seems to have a similar effect to soroxat, in that when I start to get emotional whether angry or sad it stops me going too far. I seem to move on and forget what upset me. I can also recommend 7-keto or Pregnenolone for social anxiety.

Doctor's Best, Double-Strength SAM-e 400, By Barry P.

Posted by Reviewer2113018 on Apr 25, 2008

I've noticed such an improvement in my overall moods. I used to have a short fuse, now i'm more patient. Also have had some joint pain. Hard to say if it's the Doctors Best SAM-e or the Alieve I take, but I do fell better all around

CFS

Posted by Reviewer1225877 on Jul 01, 2009

It is a very good product for my CFS, thank you.

Lifted Me Out of A Dark Hole!

Posted by Carolanne on Jul 31, 2012

Sam-e has been one of the most amazing additions to my health regimen since having been placed in immediate menopause due to surgery. 400mg turned out to be too high a dose for me. It only took 24 hours to tell that it was too much. I lowered the dose to 100mg by using a pill splitter to get four equal portioned which I then wrapped in plastic wrap (to simulate the bubble packets they should stay in until used) and tucked in my purse. It was necessary to wrap the pieces because they lose effectiveness fairly quickly if they are left out in the air. Even the texture changes from a nice smooth coating to a sticky mess. Anyway, within 24 hours of getting my first 100mg dose my future didn't look so bleak anymore! Within 2 to 3 days, my interest in things I normally love began to return after being absent since my first surgery three years earlier. Happily I am back in the gym and love to go like I used to. My mood evened out as well. 100mg is a potent enough dose for me that if I miss a day I am still fine. Take note that Sam-e is cumulative. It builds up in your system, so if you take 100mg over four days, you will have the full 400mg dose in your body at the end of that 4th day. Everyone is different, but for me it takes about 3 days for me to start noticing that I'm going back into my inexplicable black hole. I would recommend this product to anyone who has had trouble with mood and outlook stabilization, but not without consulting your pharmacist about possible negative interactions with other things you are taking. I gave it 4 stars because it would be nice to have it come in 100mg doses so that I don't have to cut pills and wrap things in plastic wrap for safe storage. Be well!

energy level up

Posted by Reviewer1698292 on Aug 26, 2013

I cannot explain exactly how this helped, but I felt more energy in my body when I took this.

good value, effective, but...

Posted by happyherbs on Nov 29, 2012

Very effective mood lifter, but I found the amount here too strong for me overall and this created anxiety and insomnia as a result (now I take 50-100mg only, or take Trimethylgyciene (TMG) instead depending (http://www.raysahelian.com/trimethylglycine.html)), would be good if you want fast results, but be careful taking this amount initially in case of unexpected results or if you have Bipolar in your family. Oh and definitely don't take this at the same time as taking antidepressants! Dr Ray Sahelian has some great balanced info on SAMe here that you may find helpful: http://www.raysahelian.com/sam-e.html (don't buy it from him though, iherb is cheaper ;) )

SAM-e

Posted by Reviewer2085972 on Aug 25, 2008

Honestly feel calmer, less panic attacks, and I KNOW I am calmer at work when the situation gets stressful!