Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Doctor's Best, SAMe 400, Double-Strength, 30 Enteric Coated Tablets

Reviews 4-star

Works quite well

Posted by Reviewer1014818 on Aug 27, 2008

I am the type of person that doesn't notice differences in anything. I started having increased social anxiety and decided to try SAM-e and again I didn't notice anything. Until I forgot to take it. Wow. 400mg in the morning and evening seems to work the best for me. If I start feeling anxiety in the afternoon while taking it, I know it's time to take it down to 200mg twice a day.

Veterinary recommendation

Posted by Reviewer2041150 on Apr 10, 2008

Our vet recommended SAM-e for one of our dogs due to elevated liver enzymes caused by anti-seizure meds. His latest blood test, after using SAM-e (plus milk thistle and vitamin E) showed marked improvement!

Promising item

Posted by Reviewer2211299 on Oct 29, 2009

I have been using this product for about 6 weeks. I started with 400 mg, then went to 800 mg, and today began 1200 mg per day without food. Results are not consistent. Some days are better than others, but generally I believe that Sam-e offers some relief from the chronic pain of arthritis. As far as depression is concerned, I have noticed some minimal improvement.

It could be working.

Posted by Reviewer1899559 on Oct 06, 2008

When I first took this I immediately felt very anxious during the day and could not sleep at night. I then started taking 7-keto and this has helped with the anxiety. I still have down periods but this seems to have a similar effect to soroxat, in that when I start to get emotional whether angry or sad it stops me going too far. I seem to move on and forget what upset me. I can also recommend 7-keto or Pregnenolone for social anxiety.

Doctor's Best, Double-Strength SAM-e 400, By Barry P.

Posted by Reviewer2113018 on Apr 25, 2008

I've noticed such an improvement in my overall moods. I used to have a short fuse, now i'm more patient. Also have had some joint pain. Hard to say if it's the Doctors Best SAM-e or the Alieve I take, but I do fell better all around