Doctor's Best, SAMe 400, Double-Strength, 30 Enteric Coated Tablets

great product

Posted by estranged on Jan 14, 2009

I have tried various products for my depression like st.john's wort, 5-htp, rhodiola rosea etc. But none of them worked for me. SAMe works as effectively as a prescription antidepressant but the effects are more natural and it has no side effects. I began to feel better on the 6th day using it.

REALLY works!

Posted by Reviewer1693047 on May 17, 2009

My husband had his meniscus removed in his left knee a year and a half ago. This is the ONLY product that has helped with the pain he has had since. He's also feeling the mild anti-depressant effects and has been able to stop taking his other medications. AWESOME.

Great for moods and liver problems

Posted by Reviewer1719446 on Jan 23, 2008

I've been taking SAM-e for about five years now for both moods and liver disease. I take from 400 to 800 mgs. per day. I do not take drs. prescriptions and think SAM-e has been very very helpful. I first heard about it at a Hep C meeting. My liver panels are very close to normal and I do not suffer depression any longer and I'm 66 years old. I honestly believe I've been able to control my mood swings with SAM-e.

Starting to work

Posted by Reviewer1658629 on Sep 18, 2010

I have been struggling with depression for most of my life,have been to many psyciatrists, and have tried just about every anti depressent out there, I started using Sam-e about a week and a half ago, and am really starting to notice a difference.I find myself smiling again, and laughing,even talking more! This stuff has given me alot of hope, but want to wait just a little bit longer,to see if it continues, would definately recommend this product to anyone who suffers from depression! Good Luck!!

TALC is an ingredient!

Posted by Reviewer1843019 on Feb 01, 2012

I have not used this product but I was ready to try it until I read all the ingredients listed. There are numerous chemicals including TALC which is a known carcinogen. I have contacted the Dr. Best company and waiting to hear back from them. The ingredients listed as "other" do not appear safe and I would be very concerned about ingesting these. It's a joke that one would trade off one problem for another like, cancer or liver toxicity.