An amazing product for your winter blues

Posted by HealthyAndFit on Sep 02, 2014

I bought this for my husband who has been feeling under the weather with the never-stopping rain and chills this autumn. And WOW! He has been taking one tablet in the mornings from the time we got this (for less than a week!) - he told me he has had the best week! I suspect this product had something to do with this. Though, we did have to increase the dose to 400mg. Another great thing is that it seems to help with his achy joints and bones (after a major motor vehicle accident where he had broken almost half of his bones, he gets quite sore in winter months). Having compared Doctor's Best with other SAMe products on the market, this is also the best value for your buck. 5 stars! If you found my review helpful, please do not hesitate to click 'yes' at the bottom of it. You will also find more reviews on my page!

Sam-e made me spacey

Posted by Reviewer3033976 on Jul 29, 2010

Ordered this product for moodiness and slight depression. I thought it would take some time for it to work, but right after I took the first one, instead of getting ready for my date with my friend, I went upstairs and lied down and stared at the ceiling for at least 30 minutes. I remained at taking one capsule a day and continued to feel dopey and spaced out. At work I tripped at least two times and couldn't focus on what I was doing. On the weekend I had to take a nap in the afternoon and didn't wake up until 9pm. I think I would consider taking this again for my first day of my periods or for severe pms, but I can't take this and work. It feels like I'm on a recreational drug or something. It works right away so keep that in mind; and also it did improve my mood. Found myself having the urge to sing and dance for no specific reason.

Better than prozac

Posted by Reviewer2494531 on Jan 03, 2011

One of the most important parts of the methylation cycle for helping depression. Must have ! Noticed differnace in 10 days.

Good, but higher doses work better

Posted by Reviewer1342755 on Sep 14, 2009

This is the best Sam-e Ive tried, but it is definitely more effective in a higher dose. I am a Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue sufferer, and this definitely helps with my associated depression.

It works and it is the lowest price I've found.

Posted by Reviewer2035738 on May 20, 2010

SAM e is not just a great antidepressant; it can help with chronic pain as well. This is a very effective brand and makes a substantial difference in lowering my pain levels.

Feeling better

Posted by Reviewer3057108 on Dec 25, 2009

I decided to try Sam-e after because I wanted to wean off my Paxil. I can honestly say my mood has been stabil. My husband has been using it as well, and he has been sleeping much better. (We take it in the morning) A little stomach upset for me, so I will start using it with food. I think this is a good quality product.

good product, good service

Posted by Reviewer2875392 on May 03, 2010

I have used this product for many years both for joints and for mild depression. It works well for me. Your price is nearly half of what I would pay locally (even at Sam's Club!). The shipment is always impeccable and fast. Thank you

Wonderful

Posted by Reviewer3291104 on May 01, 2010

We bought both the 200mg and 400mg dose. We bought both because I worry a lot and that increased with the onset of perimenopause. The SAM-e has helped my whole family. That tightness from worrying is gone - as well as the worrying. When I feel the anxious, I take a 400mg pill. I read in Mind Boosters by Ray Sahelian M.D. that he took 800mg dose throughout the day without side effects. I haven't taken more than 600mg in one day and have not experienced any side effects. SAM-e takes the edge off - like a glass of wine only without the calories and it lasts a lot longer.

Really works

Posted by Reviewer2940089 on Jul 22, 2011

After I take this at bedtime, I feel noticeably better in the morning vs. not taking it. I usually take the 400 strength, but have taken the 200 in the past. Both of them work, but I feel the 400 does more good for me.

Great supplement to 5-HTP

Posted by Reviewer2113181 on Jul 08, 2010

I use this along with DB 5-HTP, and the combo is great for mood enhancement.