Best type of theanine

Posted by Reviewer1265520 on Nov 19, 2010

Always make sure to get 'Suntheanine' and not just 'theanine'... the suntheanine is a higher quality and more absorbable form of theanine. The dosage is perfect as well.

Helps immensely

Posted by Reviewer1441749 on Jul 26, 2009

This is a great muscle relaxant for me, since I keep a lot of stress in my neck and shoulders. It helps keep headaches at bay. I take it in conjunction with Kava root, but I hope to discontinue Kava root soon in favor of this, since it is less harmful to the liver.

Works great for anxiety

Posted by Reviewer1495755 on Jun 08, 2010

This does work really well for my anxiety, however, next time I will purchase the chewables (by another brand) as it takes approx. 15-20 minutes for these to kick in. Also, when I take more than 1 a day I do tend to feel a bit drowsy which I don't like (but often my anxiety returns later in the afternoon and I feel I need to take another one). Otherwise, these are very effective. I am a fan of Doctor's Best products because of their quality and I love I-herb's prices. :)

Doctor's Best Suntheanine L-Theanine

Posted by Reviewer2258021 on Dec 02, 2009

We have used this product before and yes it does work, The change is not dramatic, you just realize on reflecting, that every thing flows along smoothly and issues can be resolved in a calm rational manner.

excellent ltheanine

Posted by Reviewer2201094 on Dec 06, 2009

I found that doctor's best worked faster than the previous ltheanine that i used. The effects also seem to stay in my system longer.

love it

Posted by Reviewer2371998 on Aug 20, 2009

The world is ok as long as I have this.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Posted by Reviewer1377782 on Jun 30, 2016

I have been suffering the sudden loss of my brother at the age of 69 years old - 2 years older than me, and my nerves have been shattered. I have been unable to cope with anything. Following the shock, my rheumatoid arthritis flared miserably and I was in severe pain for a few weeks. I would wake in the morning and find my heart beating faster than normal. I was not able to breath properly and my anxiety and fear levels were very high. I immediately started taking extra magnesium and G.R.Lanes 'Quiet life ' tablets - 2 in the morning before I got up. Also, before I got up I would take about 150 mg. GABA which slowed my heart rate to normal and I would take a capsule of Tulsi tea powder which gave me a feeling of centred calm. However, while this all brought me down to a near normal state, I still could not bring myself to go to the doctor let alone my usual yearly visit to the Rheumatology department at the hospital. I read about this product as I searched frenetically online for help or for someone else who has suffered in the same way and went to iherb to see if they stocked it and so I bought it. I found my hospital appointment was three days away instead of my usual June date, forgetting that they had changed it. I had a panic attack and planned to make an excuse not to go as my nerves were still extremely bad and I panicked at every opportunity that they chose. On the day of my hospital appointment, my order for suntheanine arrived EARLY - it wasn't due for another three days, so, I took 1 capsule about an hour before I my appointment. As we left home I started to panic but controlled it with breathing and thinking of my brother in Heaven enjoying himself and talking to our parents who have also gone to Heaven, then about half an hour later, as we got nearer the hospital, I realised that I was calm, with a non drowsy calm that I hadn't felt for many months. I felt so normal that I told the doctor about how I felt and what I took to get in this normal state. I got through this traumatic time easily and the feeling of non drugged calm released so much tension that I cried like it was in fashion. I have this each morning now and I am noticing I am able to cope 100% better without taking all those other natural calmers. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ several million times.

Works great !

Posted by OrganicGirl on May 29, 2013

L-Theanine is used for pets in case of excessive barking, anxiety, fear, bad listening etc. When I buy L-Theanine for dogs in Holland it will cost me about 40 dollars a month ! I saved a lot of money buying Doctor's Best L-Theanine at iHerb. After 7 months of using I can get my dog's attention when she is barking, she listens better and has no fear of thunder, lightning and even fireworks anymore. She also has much more self-confidence. That's a result of training but without L-Theanine it was not possible to train. I'm very happy with the results and surprised it's so effective. Before using I did not believe it could work but I was wrong !! Feel free to visit my page (click on my name) for more reviews.

Wonderful and immediate results!

Posted by Reviewer2091864 on Apr 22, 2011

I had been having a 'tight' chest on and off for three months, my blood pressure was elevated, and I was having difficulty sleeping well. About 10 days after beginning Suntheanine,1 capsule/day, I woke up feeling immensely better. I would classify this as a Wonder Supplement!

Placebo effect or not- this seems to be working

Posted by 5376051982772157390 on Jun 18, 2013

Never felt this calm in a long while, though anxiety is still there, but the labored anxious breathing is much better now. Benzo only makes me tired and agitated but l-theanine definitely makes me calmer without the drowsiness. For me, this is the most effective supplement so far but I'll be experimenting dosages and even brand to see what works best. So far so good...