My own experience: Awful acne flare ups :(

Posted by Reviewer1827878 on Sep 28, 2011

Bear in mind that this is my own personal experience, I do hope your results are much better than mine. I initally heard of this product from my cousin who absolutely loves it and raves about it. I've read that taking probiotics is great for maintaining a healthly intestinal flora. For me, however, after taking one of these per day, by the third day my face broke out in a few painful acne nodules (hard bumps under the skin surface) and some cysts (similar to nodules but pus-filled). Granted, I occasionally get a whitehead every once in a while, but these were something else completely which I've NEVER experienced before! After the 5th day I stopped taking them because I could see & feel more hard bumps forming on my skin. After I stopped taking this probiotic I could feel the hard bumps slowly (over 2 weeks) recede. Thinking maybe it was just a fluke, I again took these a couple of months later, and sure enough by the 3 day I could feel the hard bumps again forming on my face. I stopped taking them altogether. They work great for my cousin, but for me, caused a bad acne/allergic reaction.

Fantastic Probiotcs

Posted by Reviewer1098400 on Sep 28, 2008

These probiotics were recommended by my doctor to help with Candida control and they've not only helped get rid of the yeast, but help keep me regular and my digestion has improved.

Effective

Posted by Reviewer3110915 on Jun 02, 2007

This is the first probiotic I have used that you can tell is working. My digestion & elimination is stronger, and my son does not get ear infections anymore. We have spent alot of money on different types of probiotics, and I am glad I did not give up before trying this one.

The Best

Posted by Reviewer2741149 on Oct 27, 2007

The only supplement I've found that keeps my candida at bay. Also, I haven't had the flu/cold in over two years since taking this. Fantastic!!!

Good product, rising price though.

Posted by Reviewer2990411 on Dec 26, 2009

I have been using Dr. Ohhira's Essential Formulas for a couple of years now. I am very happy with the product but I was not happy to see the over $10 price jump this fall. I am at the highest price point I am willing to pay for this product, so unfortunately, if the price goes any higher, I'll be forced to look elsewhere for this product.