Perhaps an overrated product

Posted by Reviewer1638561 on Feb 23, 2013

I think it is worth trying other probiotics before deciding on this expensive product for regular usage.

ANSWER TO PRAYER

Posted by Reviewer2767774 on Apr 03, 2007

I had H-Pylori and had a reaction midway to the RX I was put on. The H-Pylori and all the horrible symptoms raged. I tried everything but many dollars latter this product finally gave me relief. I can't praise it enough. It has helped my husband with his periodic hives, too. I could see how acne would be cured.

Best Probiotic Ever!

Posted by Reviewer2020754 on May 16, 2008

A friend turned me on to Dr. Ohhira's Probiotic Formula and after taking it faithfully morning and night for over a month, I can testify to the effectiveness of the product on my system. My feet no sooner hit the floor in the morning than I'm in the bathroom emptying my colon. Then later in the day I usually go again. There's no straining to evacuate either. After years of consuming other probiotic formulas, most of which needed refrigeration to keep the strains alive, I can tell you what a relief it is to find one that works perfectly in the body and doesn't require refrigeration. It can be transported without needing to be kept cool, so I can take it along on trips, which is very convenient. This is a wonderful supplement for anyone looking to improve overall health and colon health in particular. I won't be without it. Five stars!

Enterococcus faecalis......

Posted by Reviewer2268644 on Apr 27, 2011

After researching more about this particular species of bacteria despite being a tested and specific strain, I have decided not to continue using this product due to health concerns. I'm also not impressed with the number of CFUs (900 million) which is very low for such a high price!

Do your insides a favor!

Posted by jakuta on Aug 04, 2009

I suffer from Candida and have used numerous supplements to combat the problem. Many I have liked ( i.e. Fungal Defense, Primal Defense) but this hands down is the best nutritional supplement I have ever taken. It has truly reinvented my intestinal health. My bowels have become regular and I am digesting better. Water retention has vastly improved. Energy levels are way up. Mental clarity and focus is also much better. I have recommended this product to all my friends and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in overall good health. I have used three months worth of Dr Ohirra's Probiotics 12 PLUS and believe that the Original and Professional Formulas are equally effective. As for Dosage, I would highly recommend the loading phase of 5 pills in the morning and evening on an empty stomach. If you are new to probiotics, you may want to consider a smaller dose to start with as this product may cause gas, bloating and general stomach discomfort for a week or so. This is a good thing though as it is a sign that your body is experiencing a "Healing Crisis" as it detoxifies and renews your internal environment. I also recommended taking a good quality probiotic in conjunction with Dr Ohirra's like Primal Defense to repopulate your intestinal tract with health flora. Dr Ohirra's is a probiotic, meaning it creates a suitable environment in the GI Tract for healthy bacteria to thrive. After ceasing to use this product for a month, I have continued to see the same beneficial results from it , which tells me that this product truly does "recreate" your intestinal environment.

HUGE Waste of money... There are much more effective ones in Japan. No Japanese would buy this in Japan.

Posted by Reviewer1698292 on Aug 21, 2013

I was so disappointed with this. There was no effect. There are better probiotics in Japan. Maybe, this product is designed for American diet habit, I guess.... I have read reviews of Japanese people and found that they gave higher rates for the price at iherb, which is less than half of that sold in Japan, not for the quality or significant result... We can even get much better effects just by eating probiotic yogurt, which costs only $1!!! I could not tolerate American chemical taste & chemical perfume smelling yogurt when I was in the U.S.

Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics 12 plus - big help

Posted by Reviewer2298616 on Mar 01, 2008

Excellent product - helped through chemotherapy all last summer to become free of stage 4 non-Hodgkins lymphoma, continue to take on a daily basis, age 76.

My 3 year old eats them!

Posted by Reviewer2685225 on May 25, 2008

My 3 year old eats these willingly (as well as Carlson fish oil capsules!). He doesn't always like yogurt and I sometimes wonder if he is allergic to dairy, so these are perfect. I usually swallow them (they're quite small) but occasionally I chew them as well to get the good bacteria straight to my stomach. It has a licorice taste almost-not delicious, but not bad either. I seem to tolerate dairy better w/o having to take a separate lactase supplement.

stomach calming

Posted by Reviewer2735063 on Aug 24, 2008

If I wake up in the night with an upset stomach, chewing one of Dr. Ohhira's probotic capsules calms it right down and I'm able to get back to sleep.Excellent product and excellent service and price from iHerb.

The Best Probiotics

Posted by Reviewer3154996 on Mar 26, 2007

If you have ever taken an antibiotic, you need to put good probiotics back in your system. Antibiotic wipe out the good bacteria which can encourage yeast overgrowth causing all kinds of problem. Do yourself a favor by putting the good bacteria in your system.