Alright

Posted by Reviewer1097777 on Jun 08, 2008

Nothing too special, I also believe they don't use the real black soap because they use caramel color.

Not as good as the Nubian Heritage's version ...

Posted by acumen on Aug 19, 2013

... of the liquid black soap, which is more expensive than this watery / diluted version - but for a reason (it's simply that much better and lasting). PS. Be sure to check my profile page for +180 reviews on iHerb products.

A little bit drying the skin

Posted by Reviewer2307900 on Sep 19, 2010

Smells o.k. (same as Dr. Woods Pure Black Soap with Shea Butter) But this soap is more drying. Will not buy again when it's finished. Instead I will buy the Dr. Woods Black Soap with Shea Butter.

Soap

Posted by Reviewer2924911 on Dec 13, 2010

I'm not sure if this soap is really as miraculous for me as it is for others. The smell is initially a little prohibitive; it has this weird, cheap perfume type of smell to it, and it does linger quite a while if you don't use something to cover it up. I personally use it as a facewash, followed by an apple cider vinegar toner and moisturizer. This seems to be a good combo, since the two smells tend to cancel each other out (before using this soap, the vinegar smell would linger and it was somewhat nauseating). It doesn't lather as well as commercial soaps, so if you're used to the idea of lather=clean, you may be a little disappointed. Overall, not something that's going to change your skin overnight, but it's cheap, mostly natural, and lasts for a VERY long time.

Big size, Reasonable Price!!

Posted by Reviewer1860210 on May 17, 2011

Besides that, I doubt it is all natural. Fragrance is not good enough, either. Once used it, i left them over. H/W, I believe it is probably good for somebody else but not me.

Good for oily skin

Posted by Reviewer3265618 on Sep 02, 2011

I have extremely oily skin and this seems to be helping. Can't say it has cleared all of it upnbut it is better than the 10%benzoyl peroxide I was using. Great value to

average

Posted by Reviewer3327222 on Aug 04, 2012

I prefer Dr Bronner's Magic.

Horrible, strong perfume smell

Posted by Reviewer1747568 on May 18, 2013

I ordered this soap because of all the fantastic reviews, hoping it might help the eczema on my hands. Well, it does feel very nice and luxurious, possibly even moisturizing but--and this is a big BUT--it smells horrible! Granted, I am very sensitive to perfume smells however, in my opinion, the smell of this soap is ridiculously strong. I can usually tolerate (or even enjoy) essential oil scents but (regardless of whether it is actually EO or not) this smells like conventional perfume to me, not EO. The scent is so strong, in fact, that it literally lingers in the bathroom air, spreading out into the hallway, for an hour or more after using it to wash my hands one time--and I'm using it highly diluted in a foam pump, not full strength. If you don't mind strong perfume scents I would recommend this soap for its other qualities but, if you're anything like me and don't like scents, stay away. I bought two bottles and am giving them away because I can't stand to use them up.

Good, but very watery and not a lot of foam

Posted by New-Zealand on Oct 12, 2014

This has an unusual scent- it's not bad, just different. It also doesn't lather, so if you like a foamy wash, skip this one. BUT, it is very moisturising. Price is good, though

Solid vs liquid

Posted by 5439018419772837068 on Jun 07, 2016

The solid soapis much more economic and smells nice too, the liquid soap doesn't smell nice

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »