Great product

Posted by Reviewer1005838 on Nov 26, 2014

I have been really impressed with this product. The smell was different to what I had expected and initially I wasn't sure about it, it has quite a stong sandalwood or patchouli type aroma. However the smell has grown on me and I have decided I quite like it. I have used it for washing hair and I have been really impressed by how soft my hair feels afterwards and it gives it a lovely curl. I still use a bit of conditioner after as I have dry hair, but you dont really need to. For washing body it is lovely, not as foaming as other body washes, but I would prefer that to extra chemicals. As a face wash, it is great. BUT I have noticed it really stings if you get it in your eye, so be careful of that. I have also used it to make a foaming hand wash by diluting with water and putting in a foam pump, and have made a surface cleaning spray by putting in a spray bottle with vinegar and water. I would give 5 stars if it wasn't so stingy in the eyes. I am not sure if all castile/black soaps are like this, or just this one.

smells manly -IMO

Posted by Reviewer2697166 on Jan 08, 2010

At first I was rather put off by the smell. It is like a cross between a man's aftershave and an industrial strength floor cleaner!! It cleans real good though! I have figured out that the smell is okay if I make sure to put a nice smelling lotion on afterward.

Like this soap

Posted by Reviewer2033714 on Aug 07, 2010

I like this soap. I had to get used to the smell, but it seems to work as well as the reviewers noted.

Good stuff

Posted by Reviewer2491450 on Aug 30, 2010

I use this as an everything soap.the only soap thats better is the Pure Black soap with shea butter.

Very gentle soap

Posted by organicreviews on Sep 22, 2010

Can be used for whole body. It is also good for hair.

pure black soap

Posted by Reviewer2815068 on Dec 13, 2010

very fine smell, does not drying my skin, I like it!!

Great Value

Posted by Reviewer1991512 on Mar 02, 2011

I really like this soap, as it suds well and washes off without residue. I use it for my entire body, including face and hair. It smells nice, but natural, and I like the purported health benefits, although it doesn't seem to prevent zits. Waaaa!

good product

Posted by Reviewer2594547 on Mar 07, 2011

I like Dr Woods soaps, but I found the black soap to be my least favourite. its quite runny and the smell is not the greatest. I use it for cleaning my face in the shower and it does not give you the tight face you get with some soaps so I like it because of this. I still get the odd blemish, but I wouldn't want to use anything other than natural soap on my face.

good

Posted by Reviewer3014201 on Mar 08, 2011

it doesn't foam very well. it is good for greasy, acne skin, because it's drying a little bit. irritative my eyes and pimple.

great soap-free cleaser for body and face

Posted by Reviewer1490671 on Mar 08, 2011

I love this liquid black soap for my face and body. it exfoliates gently, hence, great for everyday use on the face. Though, it is too watery and a little strong for my hair. I think it is great for hair if only use once a week as a clarifying shampoo.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »