Dr. Woods, Pure Peppermint Castile Soap, 32 fl oz (946 ml)

A staple

Posted by australia on Nov 24, 2012

Good body soap, bit too drying for the face. Lathers well and smells great

Works much better than expected

Posted by Reviewer1476590 on Apr 01, 2009

I was concerned about that this would not suds like commercial soap/shampoo. It is not as thick for sure and I found myself using a lot of product to get good suds. Then, I purchased a pump shower soap dispenser and a shower sponge/scrunchy. This did the trick. Two squirts in sponge and had plenty of suds!! I also notice my hands don't look dry and cracked anymore. I supplemented this castile peppermint formula with some other essential oils (nettle, lavender, sage, and a little tea tree oil). It works and smells terrific. I will never go back to commercial soaps and shampoos again.

Great all purpose soap

Posted by 4882405132307766824 on Dec 10, 2013

Washed my face with this soap and love the tingly refreshed feeling you get afterwords. My face was also much clearer the next morning. Its a great all purpose soap but I might find a different scent to use as bodywash because you do smell like a candycane afterwords.

Still deciding... but I'm reordering!

Posted by aunatural on Jun 04, 2012

I purchased this to use as a good value, nicely scented hand wash. I'd never used castile soap before, so the texture took a while to get used to (I'm still not sure if i am!). The way the water glided off my hands when I rinsed made me think the stuff wasn't rinsing off. But when I used it to clean my make-up brushes, I could see that it was rinsing away the make-up far better than any soaps I had used previously. I guess that's how it won me over, so I am buying it again but I'm also purchasing a couple of other bulk liquid soaps around a similar price to compare. I haven't used it on face or body and am not really tempted to, but the peppermint scent is wonderful on the hands and many of our guests (both male and female) have commented that they like it. I do love that is smells and feels natural, not like detergent with added perfume. I'd give it more stars if it wasn't for that strange, oily feeling I get when I'm rinsing. But don't get me wrong, it doesn't leave your hands feeling oily or sticky, it's probably just a different sensation when rinsing with water because the soap is oil-based and not water-based. I recommend trying it!

I love it

Posted by Reviewer1999153 on Mar 12, 2008

Definetly potent. I use it as shampoo, and face and body wash. The mint leaves your skin and scalp feeling clean and refreshed. It pretty much stops acne.