Lovely, moisturizing, exfoliating soap

Posted by Reviewer2418769 on Feb 20, 2013

This bar soap felt great on my skin. This was the first time I bought it and will not be getting it again. After using a few days, I gave it to my husband. I am giving it only three stars because, while the ingredients on this website did not list palm oil, the box the soap came in did. If the box does not outright state what the palm oil source is, I must assume that it comes from the rainforests of Indonesia or Malaysia, which I try to avoid because of the destruction that palm oil plantations are doing to the rainforests, which are so critical to the survival of endangered species and indigenous peoples. Thousands of acres of Indonesian and Malaysian rainforests have been slashed and burned to create enormous palm oil plantations. I have been in Borneo when the air was so thick with smoke from these fires that people, including myself, needed to wear face masks just to walk down the street, even though the fires were hundreds of miles away. The fires can go on for months. The rainforests are the lungs of the earth. I would rather use products that do not contribute to their loss. I will continue to use Dr. Woods Liquid soaps made of sustainable shea butter and black soap; they are great values. I hope the Dr. Woods company will state their palm oil source on the packaging of their bar soaps in the future, and if they are not using sustainable palm oil, they should switch to a more sustainable oil source. For moisturizing bar soap, I'll stick with olive oil soap from Kiss My Face or Kirk's Coco Castile Bar Soap. For more about palm oil and rainforest destruction: http://www.saynotopalmoil.com/ http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012/08/15/slash-and-burn-practices-lead-forest-fires-s-sumatra.html

it is not black! Оно не черное!

Posted by Dizakratriks on Aug 08, 2012

Достаточно большой кусок мыла, молочно-сероватого цвета, с приятным чуть молочным запахом. Совершенно не напоминает мыло от Nubian Heritage. Large enough piece of soap, milk-gray color with a pleasant smell a little milk. It is not like the soap from Nubian Heritage.

Incredible!

Posted by Reviewer1400605 on Jul 12, 2013

This soap is delightful. It leaves my skin so soft, feels so smooth, and the aroma is subtle yet alluring. I just love it!

5+++++

Posted by 4664740048715631213 on Oct 21, 2012

5+++++

Dr. Woods, Shea Butter Soap, Raw Black, 5.25 oz (149 g)

Posted by FEED-ME-MORE on Apr 25, 2016

Perfection! So worth its price! Lathers so good, such a nice smell! After it skin is so waxy and spoiled! Try it, you will like it!

genial

Posted by laurapeco on Feb 24, 2014

Me encanta esta pastilla. tiene unos gránulos exfoliantes pequeños (que no sé lo que son, parecen como astillas o trocitos de madera o cascara de algo) La pastilla es muy grande y bastante barata. la utilizo para limpiarme la cara por la mañana y me encanta, es muy ligero y los gránulos exfoliantes son muy suaves. no engrasa nada ni tampoco deja la piel seca y tirante. Repetiré seguro.

NORMAL

Posted by 5545418279551955489 on Mar 28, 2015

Limpia bien pero como cualquier jabón. NO me irrita pero me deja sensación de tirantez en la piel.

Plush

Posted by 5271739896106974033 on Oct 28, 2013

I buy this pretty regularly,a great feeling soap. Lathers richly and leaves my skin smooth. Huge bar, great bargain

5 stars

Posted by Reviewer2895936 on Mar 16, 2014

5 stars

Great!

Posted by 5471089478005537367 on Oct 23, 2015

I use this bar to clean my face. It leaves my skin smooth and doesn't dry it out. Very, very, very good.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »