Dr. Woods, Shea Vision, Pure Black Soap, 32 fl oz (946 ml)

Love it!!

Posted by Reviewer1207577 on Feb 04, 2009

I stumbled across this product on the website and thought I would give it a try. I love it!!! I have been trying to eliminate many of my chemical-laden body products so this was perfect. I use it as a facial cleanser, body wash and shampoo and I have no complaints about its effectiveness in any of those categories. I will be ordering more.

Smells like a sleazy dude

Posted by Reviewer2893604 on Nov 14, 2013

Purchased this based on all the glowing reviews and was looking forward to trying it. UGH! The scent, or I should say odor, was a complete turn off - an overpowering, cheap, spicy men's cologne that you often smell on gold-chain-wearing men with their shirts unbuttoned down to there.

Waste of $

Posted by Reviewer3009568 on Nov 04, 2010

It's a "fake" black soap; very drying, leaves scum all over shower tile/glass, doesn't smell fresh. Try another brand like Nubian Heritage.

Great Product

Posted by craftygirl on Mar 03, 2009

First time I have used Dr. Woods, my daughter and I have fair skin that breaks out easily, works really great. Smell very nice and leaves a fresh soft scent. Would highly recommend it. I will buy Dr. Woods soaps again.

Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Dr Wood soap contains all natural ingredients and it’s very versatile. It does not contains harsh chemicals such as paraben, phthalate, sodium lauryl sulphate. It’s biodegradable and does not leave behind harmful chemicals in the environment. It does not irritate the eyes much when it accidently gets into the eyes. This is not the same when you use conventional soap loaded with many unknown chemical. I have tried the black soap standalone and black soap + shea butter. I prefer the shea butter combination as it helps to moisturize better as well. I have very oily facial skin and one facial wash can last me 4-5 hours before it needs another wash. My facial skin does not dry up when I wash my face frequently. I also use it for shampoo, body wash, shaving, washing clothes, dishes and floor. Basically, it’s an all in one bottle! It’s comparable cheaper than its rival Dr Bronner soap which sells similar soap. Check out my page for more reviews!