Dr. Woods, Shea Vision, Pure Black Soap with Organic Shea Butter, 16 fl oz (473 ml)

Reviews 1-star

Horrific smell

Posted by livelig From Norway on Jun 26, 2012

I did not care for this product at all, the smell is horrific and I did not like the feel of the soap on my skin - mainly because of the smell. It's beyond me how this is such a popular product - will not buy again.

Product is Good. Perfumy Smell is Not.

Posted by Reviewer3293939 From New Mexico on Nov 26, 2012

Not sure why they felt the need to add fragrance to this product. It's okay to use in the shower if you have time for a double or triple rinse, but using it for hand-soap means you practically have to re-wash your hands with something else to get rid of the heavy fragrance. And imo, it's not even a particularly 'good' fragrance. The consistency of the product is good, though, and it isn't drying to the skin, but there's no need to add ANY fragrance, so it's hard to understand why they would.

Can't stand the smell

Posted by Reviewer2978222 From Sweden on Mar 06, 2013

Nice feel but I can't stand the smell. Too bad.

Not good for Eczema

Posted by 5032846949482008511 on Aug 07, 2013

My daugher has skin problem - Eczema. I specially bought it for her for bathing. But I found my daugher skin becomes worse after using it. When I change back to her previous bath soap, her skin becomes better and no itching at night. I am not sure if she is allergy for some ingredients inside.

My hair was gross and my face broke out

Posted by Reviewer1680490 From California on Feb 08, 2012

I wanted to love this stuff. I have used pure black soap as a shampoo and a body wash before. And I only use shea butter for my body lotion so I thought this would be a great product. The smell didn’t bother me too much but my hair was horrible after one wash. I am half black, half white so I thought the extra moisture from the shea butter would be fine for my hair but it wasn’t. I actually had to rewash my hair after drying it cause it was so oily I couldn't stand it. And when I used it on my face, my skin looked awful. So I had to throw the bottle away since it seemed to do nothing for me.