Dr. Woods, Shea Vision, Soothing Lavender Castile Soap, 32 fl oz (946 ml)

Not quite what I expected

Posted by Reviewer3359997 on May 24, 2010

I was expecting a more silky feel to my skin after using this product due to the shea butter, but that was not the case.

Ok I guess

Posted by Reviewer2683516 on Jul 09, 2010

I use this as a multi-purpose soap. It takes a lot to wash my thick curly hair. I used Dr. Bronners before and found that Dr. Bronner's has a better lather. I don't plan on buying Dr. Woods again.

Moldy

Posted by Reviewer1006509 on Apr 13, 2009

Product had mold growing on congealed fat. iHerb said a "brand new" one should ship out "today", then four days later it was "next week", then the next week it was "next week" again, and now the item is "still out of stock, we will ship it out once the item comes back in stock", although it is listed as "in stock" on the website. They will not replace with another product unless I place a new order & pay shipping.

I like this natural soap!

Posted by Reviewer1820561 on Aug 27, 2008

I really like this soap. I have been looking for a reasonably priced natural soap without DMDM hydantoin or other carcinogens, parabens, or SLS and have decided this is the one. And with iHerb's price-matching policy for overall best price online, I order this from iHerb along with many other products I use regularly. Thanks, iHerb!

Seafood

Posted by Reviewer2937166 on Aug 03, 2011

It might just be me, but the scent of this soap is reminiscent of boiled shrimp. I didn't smell any lavender at all. Thankfully, the smell doesn't linger on the skin, but it does linger in the air making for an unpleasant bathing experience. I was able to put up with the Tea Tree soap after a few uses, but I can't imagine using this one for too long. This soap is the last soap I'll ever buy from Dr. Woods.