Moldy

Posted by Reviewer1006509 on Apr 13, 2009

Product had mold growing on congealed fat. iHerb said a "brand new" one should ship out "today", then four days later it was "next week", then the next week it was "next week" again, and now the item is "still out of stock, we will ship it out once the item comes back in stock", although it is listed as "in stock" on the website. They will not replace with another product unless I place a new order & pay shipping.

Seafood

Posted by Reviewer2937166 on Aug 03, 2011

It might just be me, but the scent of this soap is reminiscent of boiled shrimp. I didn't smell any lavender at all. Thankfully, the smell doesn't linger on the skin, but it does linger in the air making for an unpleasant bathing experience. I was able to put up with the Tea Tree soap after a few uses, but I can't imagine using this one for too long. This soap is the last soap I'll ever buy from Dr. Woods.

Absolutely disgusting artificial smell - definitely not true to label

Posted by 4698964627832640968 on Jan 02, 2014

The soap itself is fairly good, almost as good as Dr Bronner's. But the smell is HORRENDOUS!!!! It smells like chemical disinfectant with artificial 'lavender' fragrance. I am trained in aromatherapy, and there is no way the ingredients are true to label (the label says Lavender essential oil). I tried adding large quantities of my own essential oils but none succeeded in improving the smell! I literally could NOT WAIT for this bottle to be finished, and feel I must apologise to those who use it. AWFUL.

Dr Woods Soothing Lavender Castile Soap Pooh!!!

Posted by Reviewer2621092 on Sep 22, 2010

This stuff Stinks. Its not just me but everyone who uses it. It claims to be essential oils. I will add my own lavender I hope this helps. Everything I have ever ordered from I herb has been great. This was very disappointing. Get Dr Bronners its a little more expensive, but it smells great. Dr Woods POOH!!!!

Drying Soap!

Posted by 5379214813686664129 on Jun 25, 2015

As someone with a chronically dry skin, I was hoping that this paraben- and SLS-free soap would be kind to my skin and moisturise it. It didn't. My skin got so dry that I broke out in rashes while showering in cold water. Dr Woods, please re-look at your ingredients!

HORRIBLE!

Posted by Meytar on Aug 25, 2014

It stinks!!!! I was really hoping for a nice lavender smell but not this horrible thing that really doesn't resemble lavender. It stinks! I don't know what i'm going to do with almost a liter of this thing now...

ordered 1 month ago but not received yet

Posted by 5631185578499350215 on Mar 02, 2015

ordered 1 month ago but not received yet

Dry and does not smell nice to me at all

Posted by 5109487438814670079 on Jul 04, 2015

I like the Pure Black Soap with organic Shea Butter from Dr. Woods, that's why I wanted to try this soothing Lavender Castile Soap because I like the smell of lavender very much too. It disappointed me a lot as the smell is quite weird and basically I would say it stinks, not to mention that it is something close to lavender smell. It also made my skin so dry already for the first time I was using it. I will only use it for something else in order not to waste it.

Not my Favorite

Posted by 4613931850145991434 on Dec 08, 2015

Was expecting a fine soap like Dr. Bronner's, and was disappointed. The soap was very watery, so the cheaper price was not really cheap. And the scent reminded me of cheap laundry soap, which tends to make me nauseous.

I did not receive the correct soap

Posted by Reviewer2120683 on Jul 23, 2014

I received the almond and cannot use it, the smell is overpowering and awful.