Dr. Woods, Shea Vision, Soothing Lavender Castile Soap, 32 fl oz (946 ml)

Dr. B meet Dr. Woods!

Posted by scarletbegonia on Jul 15, 2013

This soap is by far the best I've ever used. I am still a lover of Dr. B, but the quaility of castile in this soap is great the smell of lavender is great and the Shea you can't forget the shea...just a touch for soft skin...great to use in the bathtub with some epsom salt for a relaxing bath.

Woods vs. Bronner

Posted by Reviewer2248797 on Nov 23, 2009

good comparison. no hemp oil in woods. more caustic and not as light.

Decent but not as good as Bronners

Posted by Reviewer2511279 on Aug 09, 2010

I have Used Dr. Bronner's soap for years. I use the soap to make my own shampoo and facial wash. I tried Dr. Woods because it was cheaper. Well, you get what you pay for. When used in shampoo, the soap does not lather as well as Bronners and it feels drier. The soap does not spread easily throughout my hair. On the plus side, Woods soap has a wonderful lavender scent and it works fine when used to make facial wash. I will use what I have left for facial wash, and I will go back to Bronners for my shampoo.

Dr Woods Soothing Lavender Castile Soap Pooh!!!

Posted by Reviewer2621092 on Sep 22, 2010

This stuff Stinks. Its not just me but everyone who uses it. It claims to be essential oils. I will add my own lavender I hope this helps. Everything I have ever ordered from I herb has been great. This was very disappointing. Get Dr Bronners its a little more expensive, but it smells great. Dr Woods POOH!!!!

Absolutely disgusting artificial smell - definitely not true to label

Posted by 4698964627832640968 on Jan 02, 2014

The soap itself is fairly good, almost as good as Dr Bronner's. But the smell is HORRENDOUS!!!! It smells like chemical disinfectant with artificial 'lavender' fragrance. I am trained in aromatherapy, and there is no way the ingredients are true to label (the label says Lavender essential oil). I tried adding large quantities of my own essential oils but none succeeded in improving the smell! I literally could NOT WAIT for this bottle to be finished, and feel I must apologise to those who use it. AWFUL.