Dragon Herbs, Wild Siberian Chaga, 350 mg, 100 Capsules

Reviews 1-star

product now contains magnesium stearate

Posted by Reviewer2663390 on Mar 06, 2014

I try to avoid nutritional supplements that contain stearates, including magnesium stearate, because these additives have been shown to reduce the bioavailability of the supplement by as much as 60%, and the stearates are trans fats that may also have significant negative health consequences. So I always check the "other ingredients" carefully before I purchase a product. In the case of Dragon Herbs Wild Siberian Chaga, I did my usual due diligence and was satisfied by the statements on both the iHerb website and the Dragon Herbs website that the only "other ingredients" were the vegetarian capsule and rice powder. So I ordered the product. But when the product arrived today, I noticed that the "other ingredients" listed on the label on the bottle included magnesium stearate in addition to the capsule and the rice powder. Dragon Herbs has recently begun adding magnesium stearate to this product. The bottle label has been updated to state this, but as of today the information available online has not been updated. I am returning the bottles I purchased because I don't want the magnesium stearate and I was not informed of its presence before I made my purchase.