E.L.F. Cosmetics, Studio, Baked Eyeshadow Palette, NYC, 0.212 oz (6 g)

Reviews 4-star

Okay

Posted by 5186389093735388337 on Sep 20, 2013

Nice selection of colors.

good

Posted by 5266771267911498960 on Dec 08, 2013

the texture is a little different,like a powder

Affordable and beautiful

Posted by 5403922373701996006 on Jan 02, 2015

The color builds gradually so you can control the intensity-I love it

Won me over on the 2nd try!

Posted by JotheBeautyTherapist on Jul 03, 2015

Initially, I wasn't sold on this palette, there were no reviews when I bought it, so I was flying blind where baked eyeshadows were concerned. I tried to brush the eyeshadow on as I normally would & I got next to no product from any of the colours. There were no product instructions to indicate that baked eyeshadows should be used any differently to other eyeshadows, so I had no idea what I was doing wrong, but by now there was feedback from others suggesting they should be used wet. I wasn't 100% convinced, but they did seem to work wet - The big surprise was that once I'd wiped the palette down & let it dry, the very next time I used it, the colours worked perfectly well DRY! I figured there must've been some kind of film on the surface of the colours to protect them, because I bought 2 different palettes in this range & they both reacted the same way when new & once they'd been wiped down, the colours could be used both dry & wet. There is plenty of pigment in the eyeshadows, they go on nice & soft - even softer than the regular range, there's a pearlised lustre thru them & the enclosed mirror is quite a reasonable size. All in all, I think they're great. I'm going to buy the final palettes in the range too, but I've only given 4 stars because of a little bit of fallout & also I think they ought to put some kind of instructions or explanation on the packaging - my 2 palettes came quite close to being returned until I stumbled across a solution to make them work.