mixed reaction

Posted by 5586388148174657909 on Apr 05, 2016

Jan 2016: For baking, it's OK, although it doesn't have a particularly rich taste. However, both I and the children to whom I served hot chocolate made from it the other day thought that it had a rather unpleasant, slightly bitter aftertaste. I much prefer some of the other cocoa powders sold here, such as TRU RA (now called "Big Tree Farms, Organic Raw Cacao Powder"). April 2016 Update: Having experimented over the past few months with hot chocolate made from different homemade nut "milks" (walnut, pecan, macadamia) and coconut milk, using several brands of organic and/or raw cacao powder, I've come to the conclusion that not every type of cacao goes equally well with every nut milk/dairy. Although I didn't especially care for the Ecuadorian made with cow's milk, or with diluted coconut milk, it was fabulous with pecan, so I've changed my rating to a 4. Live & learn!

Mild Taste

Posted by Mayito on Nov 08, 2015

Cacao with mild taste, I prefer Pacari cacao

Supplement

Posted by archeiherb on Oct 16, 2015

Are you sure it's 454g? This is really huge. It tastes plain,not very bitter,not dark. Maybe this is real cacao,which is not delicious ( ;

Delicious

Posted by amelave on Oct 08, 2015

This is one of my favorite brands, I buy with confidence and everything I tried I loved... this cacao is no different, it tastes divine so much richer and smoother than other brands I've tried... Try it you will not be disappointed :)

It's okay

Posted by 4865991019844053040 on Aug 16, 2015

I love the packaging but the cacao powder itself seems light and not very rich. Maybe that's typical for ecuadorian cacao?

Delicious health food

Posted by 5174244377132877773 on Jun 09, 2015

This cacao powder is absolutely delicious. Here's a recipe for a tasty frozen blended treat! -cashew milk as a liquid base -tablespoon of this cacao powder (more if you like a "darker" taste) -a handful or so of frozen blueberries Blend for 30 seconds and you're good to go! Tastes better than Starbucks and is a REAL nutritional powerhouse! (It wakes you up more too!) Enjoy! If this review was helpful to you, please click "YES" below! Thank you.

Tasty Rich Chocolate!

Posted by 5228297037048817764 on Jun 03, 2015

good and inexpensive! Perfect for smoothies :)

Great product

Posted by 5404337417730010479 on May 28, 2015

Rich, nutritious addition to baking and smoothies. I use this all the time and will continue to purchase.

Used as a medicine and for pleasure in my case

Posted by HonestReviewsHere on Apr 13, 2015

I make myself a hot cup combining this and raw honey every morning for the health benefits and relaxation. I receive laser hair removal treatments regularly and because cocoa powder and honey are known to protect your skin, my irritated skin heals extremely fast. Also, I seem to feel a lot less stressed after drinking some thanks to the feel-good chemicals.

Delish!

Posted by Allymac on Feb 18, 2015

Is wonderfully chocolately and smooth!

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »