Earthrise, Spirulina Natural Powder, 16 oz (454 g)

Reviews 4-star

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

morning cocktail

Posted by 101010011 on Jul 11, 2012

many years ago, i was turned onto spirulina by a friend who would use it to help out with her anemia. i just needed something to help get me energized in the morning. six years later, i am still using spirulina mixed with chlorella, practically every morning. earthrise was the first spirulina i ever tried, and i would say it still is one of the top algae products out there on the market along with nutrex hawaii and healthforce nutritionals

Makes a lot of claims

Posted by GlennSanada on Aug 18, 2011

Besides longevity, this brand of spirulina makes a lot of healthy claims. Hard to say at this point whether it will fulfill all those claims. Product tastes like seaweed or kelp. Mixes well with water. Has a deep green color which to me suggests concentrated nutrients. One bottle will make many drinks as the measured quantity is 1 teaspoon.

Not organic but OK

Posted by Reviewer3276282 on Dec 18, 2007

I wish I-herb still carried the organic Earthrise spirulina. This doesn't have as bright a color as the organic but otherwise I can't tell the difference.

Sticky..

Posted by Reviewer1194268 on Mar 04, 2013

. I bought this as it is more economical cf tabs. But the stickiness is discouraging me from buying this powder form again. Also, I dont like its taste in juice or plain water - not a horrible taste, but not a favourite to my tastebuds. I tried to spoon up one small scoop (about 3g) and force it down using some water but it failed as it sticks everywhere on the surface of my teeth and i have to taste it in my mouth even longer cf drinking it in liquid solution. i have to do thorough mixing using spoon if i want it in solution, as it sticks even to the sppon and cup surfaces.I would think i have to stick to tabs form in future as encapsulating it is also not sth i like

Great!

Posted by 5244267358659778309 on Jul 28, 2013

I put this product in my smoothies and protein powder every morning! So great!

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »