Spirulina Powder: Go for the Green!

Posted by Howard on Dec 10, 2013

I have been using the Earthrise Spirulina Powder for over a year or so. I like adding a heaping teaspoon to my a.m. energizing smoothies, which do turn a bit green, due to adding the powder. The taste is not hardly noticeable, but make sure it is well blended. The main nutrient, according to the label is Vitamin A. In the recommended dose of 1 teaspoon (3g), 2g of protein are claimed, which is good for those on a vegetarian type diet. It also has a few other nutrients that are unique to spirulina. Using the 1 tsp dose, it should last around 2 months. I recommended it, and will keep on buying it from iHerb.

Hi!

Posted by Reviewer2123072 on May 12, 2011

Thank you, fully satisfied with the product.:)

perfect spirulina

Posted by Reviewer2480338 on Apr 02, 2012

perfect taste, perfect spirulina

So far so good

Posted by Reviewer2625092 on Jun 16, 2011

I purchased this product after the nuclear accident in Japan since spirulina is supposed to be good for people exposed to radiation. So far so good--it seems like a very good product. I found that I don't like the taste of algae, so I'm transferring it into capsules myself (mixed with chlorella).

happy

Posted by Reviewer1853449 on Jul 11, 2011

product arrived in sound condition but the box was battered and squashed.Being so well packed saved the contents.It took 13 days in the post before arrival and had a german "priority post"sticker on the box so I guess it lost it's way somehow.Not your fault!Am happy with the powder will probably deal again in the future. Alan

Earthrise is always a good choice for quality

Posted by naturalrecovery on Jun 16, 2012

Same quality as when I started using it about 16 years ago! Spirulina is a pretty complete food source, and easily assimilated for those of us without stomach acid. Will bind up loose guts, so be aware and drink plenty of water. Also, for those of us with protein intolerances, some of the amino acids in this fresh-water plankton may be too much for the liver to handle. I wish there were a "try before you buy" option on many of these products. Spirulina became a fad in the early 1980's, and some of us have stuck with it because of its many health benefits.

spirulina

Posted by choicesandreviews on Sep 21, 2010

Very good spirulina!

Great product

Posted by Reviewer1855395 on May 07, 2008

Very good quality

Great price

Posted by Reviewer1623543 on May 14, 2008

tip: I do not like the taste of spirulina at all so I hide it in smoothies and shakes. a great way to get more greens in your diet.

spriulina