Wonderful, non-toxic mascara

Posted by Reviewer1511820 on Apr 19, 2009

After an extensive search, I discovered that this mascara is the least toxic on the market. It has a low toxic level as stated on the Skin Deep website which is the Environmental Working Group's searchable database of toxic ingredients in cosmetic and personal care products. It is creamy and goes on well and does not flake. I am so glad that iHerb is now selling products by Ecco Bella. Their lipstick and cover-up are also wonderful.

Best mascara EVER!!!

Posted by Reviewer1982379 on Oct 17, 2009

I have tried a million different mascaras and this one is the best; doesn't flake or smudge, goes on easily and does the job without looking overdone. Washes off easily as well. The container has a mirror on the back which I also think is a nice touch.

Wanted to like it!

Posted by Reviewer3144007 on Dec 18, 2011

I like that this mascara is made from simple, safe ingredients. Unfortunately, it leaves black dust below my eyes a few hours later. By the end of the day this mascara doesn't require makeup remover at all because it has already flaked off almost completely. For the few days that I wore it people were asking me what was wrong, because my eyes were so red, probably because I was getting mascara dust in them all day. :(

Great!

Posted by Reviewer1543169 on Nov 28, 2009

No smudging, no flaking, lasted all day, very black!

Trying to go natural

Posted by Reviewer2234084 on Jul 17, 2009

I just got this, but so far I like the slim brush because my eyelashes aren't that long. The mascara goes on smoothly with no clumping.

Ecco Bella Mascara

Posted by Reviewer1114152 on Aug 07, 2009

Works well. No allergies to this one!

Love this!

Posted by 5203115874224767318 on Jun 14, 2012

This mascara is wonderful! I wasn't sure if I'd like using it because the wand has what I call "old-school" bristles (some of the newer mascaras on the market have these new silicone-type bristles on the mascara wand that separate the lashes very easily). But just like the newer wands, this wand lifts the lashes and separates them very well. It does take a few seconds to dry; so right after I apply the mascara, I fan my lashes with my hand a little. No biggie. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because it does smudge off a bit throughtout the day, and I get a bit of mascara debris under my eyes (lools like a faint dark circle).

Ecco Bella mascara

Posted by Reviewer2462496 on Mar 12, 2010

Wonderful product. All the other mascaras would make my eyes sore but not this product. For the first time I can wear mascara and my eyes stay bright even if I leave on overnight. Excellent!!

Yuck

Posted by Reviewer1825804 on Jan 07, 2010

I bought this based on the reviews, and I have to say: yuck. This mascara goes on clumpy and difficult to apply (I had to use a q-tip to clean up my eyelids after), and seemed to just flake off over the course of a few hours. For this price, I expect some quality. Nonetheless, I found that this mascara works far worse than any of the drugstore cheapy brands. I'd like to find a mascara that *works* AND has reasonable ingredients, and after wasting my money on this lame product I can see I'll just keep looking.

BEST MASCARA EVER !!!!!!

Posted by 5762343735493369956 on Feb 20, 2015

Smooth, Creamy , goes on smooth without clumping or flaking, lasts FOR About 12-14 hours , WILL NOT CAUSE ANY PROBLEMS or irritation on or in eyes, CONTACT FRIENDLY, Doesn't cake, flake or smudge . I've used SO MANY MASCARA Brands , this is WORTH THE MONEY! Cruelty free and won't sting or hurt your eyes EVEN IF YOU SLEEP WITH IT ON , I HAVE Extremely sensitive skin and eyes and no problems at all with this , I love it !