Excellent product! But very expensive

Posted by aftonhupper on Apr 28, 2016

This is such a delicious miso, but Amazon has cheaper deals for this type of product. I won't be purchasing from iherb anymore because it's a little pricey.

LOve miso

Posted by h-anna on Jun 21, 2014

This is the one I like the least of their misos. But it is great too. I can't really explain why. But sometimes I crave it. I crave them all! This is quite musty.

Very good.

Posted by Reviewer1582777 on Dec 11, 2013

Really nice in the winter months, to make soup, or just a warm, tasty drink. It lasts ages. This and the mugi/ barley/ soybeans miso are my 2 favourites of the different types available from Eden (not too dark, not too light), but I have tried them all, they're all good.

Definitely worth buying!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

Miso soup is a very nutritional food and suitable for everyone. As the ingredients used in the miso gets fermented, the ingredients gets broken and becomes easily digestible. Miso is also high in antioxidant, found to reduce cancer rate, boost immune system, balances pH value in body and boost energy level. I am a fan of miso soup! I tried all 4 miso soups from Eden Soup. All are organic and good quality. This version of miso is more salty, not sweet (no barley/brown rice) and have a very rich, unique favour. The only problem is that the paste is quite hard and thick and does not easily dissolve even in hot water. I will put the paste in a sieve and slowly stir it in the water with a spoon. This version is also the most warming and I will sweat a bit (due to hot climate). You can easily adjust the taste by adding more or less accordingly! The price is very cheap and one packet will go a long way! Check out my page for more reviews!

Thick and somewhat bland

Posted by 4929416243856968489 on Oct 28, 2013

This miso is very thick, as others have mentioned. Still, it's only a minor inconvenience. What disappointed me is the taste - weak and somewhat bland. Even as I increased the concentration, it mostly brought out the slightly bitter aftertaste. But at the same time the smell is very pleasant. Later I made miso soup with dashi - and the result was very good. But "basic" miso soup made with water is going to be bland.

Good flavor

Posted by Reviewer1651648 on Nov 23, 2012

I love this flavor but too dry and thick to handle, other then that it gives good flavor for "mi so shi ru" and I make a salad dressing with saseame seed(groind) and oil and rice venegar.

So Earthy

Posted by 5761709719202943470 on Oct 31, 2012

This is a must have. Soups, dips, dressings you name it i put it in there.

Good quality

Posted by Reviewer2954358 on Oct 08, 2012

Adds very nice rich flavor to soups.

Tasty.

Posted by Reviewer3126648 on Oct 02, 2012

Good for soups, marinades, stews.

Was expecting more...

Posted by Reviewer1974991 on Apr 05, 2012

After reading the description of this miso, I was expecting a much more robust flavor. It is very smooth, however it is lighter and less salty than I had hoped.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »