• Reviews | English

Great price, great product

Posted by Reviewer1144897 on Feb 24, 2012

Creamed coconut is not the same as condensed coconut milk. It contains coconut-meat solids and is pulpier/thicker, and will not taste like coconut milk by thinning it out with water. What you get: inside the green box you see in the picture is a plastic-wrapped block of creamed coconut. Unless your house is very warm, it will be rock-hard. I fill a bowl with hot tap water and immerse the entire package, then knead it with my fingers after a few minutes. Repeat a couple of times, then snip the package open and pour/squeeze it out like toothpaste for use in cooking. If you don't use the entire package all at once it will resolidify; that's what real coconut cream does. That's why I love these little packages, as opposed to the 16-oz jars of other brands.

Real coconut milk or cream using this

Posted by Reviewer1601374 on Sep 25, 2012

I had previously used creamed coconut from another brand that wasn't organic, so I was glad to find this one here. I use it to make coconut milk. Here in Spain it's hard to find cans or bricks of real coconut milk, not the ones filled with thickeners and not very high quantity of coconut, at a reasonable price, even more if it's organic. I just heat some water, as much as the coconut milk needed for the recipe, and then add creamed coconut until it gets the right thickness. It's definitely cheaper than buying cans (also more Earth-friendly, much less packaging), and you get the real stuff, just water and coconut. Mine was liquid when I opened it, it was a hot day, but it gets solid when the weather's colder. Now I kow it's much easier and less messy to use it liquid, will keep it in mind from now on. Oh, and keep it refrigerated after the first use, it lasts for months in good condition.

I love it!

Posted by Reviewer1977444 on Jun 10, 2012

A bite or three of this makes a tasty treat. The oil seems to separate out so I put the plastic shrink-wrap inner packet in a bowl of very warm water for 10 minutes or so, then squeeze it together in my fingers till it's mixed then pop it in the fridge to harden up for a slight crunch (if you put it in the freezer but take it out before it's fully hardened you get a hard outside and runny middle!). It makes a filling, satisfying, healthy-fat, non-sweet treat for me. My son and husband both love it too. PS. It's not really what I'd use for cooking. I'd stick with the coconut milk - much smoother. But, if you're looking for something to chew on, I find this much more satisfying than coconut butter because the slight fiber gives this more crunch and less "gooeyness." Also, I keep it in the fridge and take it out for a bite or so but I don't recommend keeping it at room temperature as it gets quite soft and in then not as appealing in my mind. I love it - Thank you iHerb for selling it!

Edwards Creamed coconut: careful it's not that creamy

Posted by Reviewer2631717 on Apr 04, 2013

I was soooo looking forward to creamed coconut: the kind you get in India or at the local Indian store. I expected it to be like coconut cream or at least like the milk, but thicker. No it is not. I tried some in a drink and ended up chewing gritty coconut. Sort of like chewing those cheap coconut cookies made up of the cheapest dried shredded coconut. I do feel rather resentful at being cheated. Definitely not a cream, but simply shredded coconut. At least they could have left it in their blender a little longer if they are just going to cheaply blend up a coconut rather than pressing out the dreamy creamy goodness.

Tasty but question the processing

Posted by Reviewer1065615 on Mar 03, 2012

No information of how this product is processed (ie: if heated, etc). It's Organic, and it is tasty. We put it in smoothies which helps to sweeten, and it leaves little flecks of coconut which is pleasant. I will likely go back to the coconut butter which is sold on this site-- more versatile.

Very dissapointed

Posted by 5205519045690051095 on Dec 07, 2015

I ordered these cause I wanted to avoid the Aluminum and BPA they have in cans. I thought it's a box and the coconut cream is in it (which I have bought before by a different brand) open it to find a plastic bag with coconut cream in it, which means I have to put a plastic not BPA free bag in hot water! which means it releases all different kinds of toxins into the organic coconut cream (which is no longer organic or natural or healthy once you've done that) So if you are looking for organic natural coconut cream stay away from this product because the only way for it to be usable is to put the plastic bag in hot water. I am extremely disappointed with this product. Threw it out and won't ever buy it again.

Coconut buttery

Posted by 4844540685300453282 on Mar 23, 2015

Is it just me or is this pretty much the same deal as coconut butter, but much cheaper? I use this when I make raw balls. Love love love!

It's something...

Posted by opheart on Jul 25, 2012

It's something...amaizing, naturally sweet, creame, wonderful, exotic... Ordered some packs more. If you refregirate it, it becomes solid - you can take a little bits of it and use as a filling for home-made marcipans and truffles. At a room temperature the consistency is soft. So you can use it as a topping for ice-cream, sandwiches, like an interlaying between cookies. And much much more. Also you can make ia chocolate if cacao-powder is added.

Great organic coconut cream

Posted by 4999934268950536368 on Jan 23, 2015

Thick rich organic coconut cream. Easier to stock as it comes in a small box(less bulky than regular tins).

Tastes like coconut

Posted by Reviewer1401721 on Feb 13, 2013

It is simply a coconut puree, like coconut butter, maybe more grain-y. Good to use for desserts. Too sweet to put in coffee or shakes.