10% Off Orders Over $40!

Emerald Forest Sugar, Xyla, Just Like Sugar, 1 lb (454 g)

Posted by Reviewer1473469 on Jun 16, 2011

Just received, it has a different name on my bag though, XYLA. Seems Emerald Forest changed the name of it, but no big deal! LOVE that this is made from birch hardwood instead of corn fibers! Especially since I am allergic to corn products. The crystals are big, not fine. Kind of like colored sugar for cake or cookie decorations, but no big deal at all to me! Just wanted to share for those who prefer a finer sugar, but hey if that is a big deal, you can always use a coffe grinder or blender to make it more fine or powdery. NO aftertaste whatsoever and is very clean tasting, pure crystal sugar. I used it on oatmeal this morning and you'd never know cane sugar wasn't in it. Plan on making some limeade with it later today. :) Beware of other companies...........Emerald Forest is USA GMO free xylitol from birch NOT corn. Also alot of other companies charge less because it's produced in china.....therefore labor is cheaper, so product is cheaper. AMERICAN made for me and my family and love that it's BIRCH! Now, to see if it helps with our sinus probs and asthma. :) P.S. It IS safe for diabetics to use and is LOW on glycemic index scale AND is safe for candida sufferers also! It helps eliminate all kinds of nasties from our systems! Birch is far superior to corn xylitol!

Posted by Reviewer1528688 on Jan 08, 2012

This has changed my life after i gave up wite sugar. I Use it in all my baking and cooking. No one asks questions about it.

Results not as good

Posted by Reviewer3129877 on Apr 04, 2012

This type of xylitol caused a little intestinal distress for me personally. I usually use the Now Foods brand without any problems and had read that this brand was better. I've gone back to using Now Foods xylitol.

Very good sugar substitute

Posted by Reviewer2591973 on May 07, 2012

Use it on my porridge, lovely flavor, much like sugar.....beats stevia!! No aftertaste!

Good

Posted by eldeen on Feb 25, 2012

I usually use this together with e.g. erythritol or palm sugar. I'm very pleased with it and the price is good. This is the same as "Bjørkesøt" in Norway.