The best xylitol

Posted by lipslife on May 14, 2014

OK sweetener, tastes a lot like sugar. It is known as bjørkesøt in Norway. Doesn't affect blodsugar, but I'm not sure about how healthy it is... I sometimes use it mixed with erythrithol (sukrin), for a more sugarlike taste. I prefer to use stevia or a mix of stevia and erythritol. I would buy this xylitol over other brands, because it is actually derived from birch trees, not corn or whatever else they make it from.

Emerald Forest Suagar, Xyla 1lb

Posted by 5088183436693671687 on May 12, 2014

I ordered 3 bags plus other items. I placed my order on a Thurs. and I received it the following Monday. The international delivery was prompt ! I've opened a bag of this xylitol to try. It's ordorless, taste like sugar. No bad after taste. So far, I'm truly satisfied w this product. I'm, going to buy it again !

Beware

Posted by Reviewer3177707 on Apr 26, 2014

I tried this product over a period of a couple of months. I thought I was ingesting a pure natural product. Do the research as to how this product is manufactured. I stopped using it in tea, coffee and porridge as it ripped my insides. It left me feeling ill, drained of all energy. This stuff ought to come with a serious health warning. Will stick to honey for my porridge and drink tea and coffee without any toxins.

Birch Bark Xylitol

Posted by 5713049330403643153 on Apr 18, 2014

I just opened the Xyla, so can't really give an honest opinion. I originally bought the Now brand which is made from corn. I didn't know when I bought it that the Xyla brand is better (in some opinions) since it comes from the bark of birch trees.

Very good

Posted by reflexheather on Jan 29, 2014

Good quality and price. Tastes good. You can take this if suffering with candida as it is a healthy probiotic. Good for your teeth as helps prevent plaque build up. Xylitol is highly toxic to dogs and even a small amount can kill so never let your dog have anything with xylitol in it and store out of your dogs reach! . Since using this I find I prefer xylosweet. Better consistency and taste. Xylitol can be used for baking but does not caramelise so is not good for anything like crunchy cookies. Also too much has a laxative effect. I have worked for two of Dublin’s top health stores for 10 years and am now a holistic practitioner. I hope you found this review helpful.

Expensive but good

Posted by Reviewer2255839 on Jan 06, 2014

got this because it is from trees not corn. I don't like any corn products as I don't trust whether they're GMO or not. The product tastes good to me, it does cause diarrhea with too much but I am sensitive to that sort of thing. I will use it in moderation. I don't require my baking to be very sweet so the mild sweetness it imparts is just fine for me.

Fantastic

Posted by Reviewer2295762 on Jan 06, 2014

So glad to find a source for Xylitol made from Birch instead of corn.

Tastes Just Like Sugar

Posted by Reviewer1757885 on Jan 01, 2014

Great substitute for sugar. I tried it in teas/coffee and in baking. Great.

Sweet no aftertaste

Posted by 5044609591958882110 on Dec 16, 2013

Love this sweetener, I tried it plain with nothing it was sweet with no after taste. However, I notice it does not dissolve in cold liquid so that is one of it downfalls. Plus it not a sweet as sugar so you have to estimate slightly more then regular sugar if not accurate food turns out too sweet or not sweet enough. So stick with another alternative such as stevia for cold beverages since it does not dissolve easily that is why I gave it a four.

Always love that Xylitol!!

Posted by 4953673772820912212 on Oct 25, 2013

As usual, it's a great product at a good price, and shipping is pretty fast.