good but just a little too sweet

Posted by KentuckyWildcat on Sep 13, 2011

Very good, not artificial, and no after-taste. To my taste it is sweeter than sugar, but is easily adjusted for. I add it to my morning cup of tea to reduce the amount of demerara sugar I use.

Good product - Real Bark Xylitol

Posted by healthandlongevity on Oct 05, 2011

I liked it, but it finished too fast. Small packaging. Unfortunately, the cheaper Xylitol products are made of Corn and not Tree Bark

Nice one, but..

Posted by 4966853096755313816 on Jan 06, 2013

I was really stoked about this product when it arrived, thought it has a great taste as well as the dental health benefits xylitol provides. But as the time passed by, I started to notice the aftertaste practically every sugar substitute has. Felt my coffee does not taste as good as it used to. Don't get me wrong, it's still a nice product with a lot of great characteristics, but right now I'm more interested in taste and willing to explore some other alternatives.

Good

Posted by Reviewer2217135 on Jul 16, 2015

This is the only brand I've tried so far and like it. It is a little coarser than regular sugar but dissolves quickly. Tastes like sugar, sweet like sugar. The only problem with Xylitol in general is we can't consume a lot in a day as it gives stomach issues.

Really is just like sugar!

Posted by 5754398798770789751 on Jul 20, 2016

I've tried other natural sugar substitutes and been disappointed. I was just hoping to get something that wouldn't make my morning tea so unpalatable I couldn't drink it. Xyla surprised me. It has no aftertaste at all & mixes into even mildly flavored teas just like sugar. I took away a star only because I think it's a little pricey.

Looks like sugar tastes like sugar!

Posted by edelling on Oct 09, 2016

Been using it as part of a blend and it's great! No funny aftertaste

This product has a great taste!

Posted by 5449434320375201239 on Oct 27, 2016

I bought this product looking for a sugar substitute. It has a great taste and is about as close to sugar as I have found so far.

Sweet no aftertaste

Posted by 5044609591958882110 on Dec 16, 2013

Love this sweetener, I tried it plain with nothing it was sweet with no after taste. However, I notice it does not dissolve in cold liquid so that is one of it downfalls. Plus it not a sweet as sugar so you have to estimate slightly more then regular sugar if not accurate food turns out too sweet or not sweet enough. So stick with another alternative such as stevia for cold beverages since it does not dissolve easily that is why I gave it a four.

Expensive but good

Posted by Reviewer2255839 on Jan 06, 2014

got this because it is from trees not corn. I don't like any corn products as I don't trust whether they're GMO or not. The product tastes good to me, it does cause diarrhea with too much but I am sensitive to that sort of thing. I will use it in moderation. I don't require my baking to be very sweet so the mild sweetness it imparts is just fine for me.

Birch Bark Xylitol

Posted by 5713049330403643153 on Apr 18, 2014

I just opened the Xyla, so can't really give an honest opinion. I originally bought the Now brand which is made from corn. I didn't know when I bought it that the Xyla brand is better (in some opinions) since it comes from the bark of birch trees.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »