Good

Posted by Reviewer2217135 on Jul 16, 2015

This is the only brand I've tried so far and like it. It is a little coarser than regular sugar but dissolves quickly. Tastes like sugar, sweet like sugar. The only problem with Xylitol in general is we can't consume a lot in a day as it gives stomach issues.

Birch Bark Xylitol

Posted by 5713049330403643153 on Apr 18, 2014

I just opened the Xyla, so can't really give an honest opinion. I originally bought the Now brand which is made from corn. I didn't know when I bought it that the Xyla brand is better (in some opinions) since it comes from the bark of birch trees.

Very good

Posted by reflexheather on Jan 29, 2014

Good quality and price. Tastes good. You can take this if suffering with candida as it is a healthy probiotic. Good for your teeth as helps prevent plaque build up. Xylitol is highly toxic to dogs and even a small amount can kill so never let your dog have anything with xylitol in it and store out of your dogs reach! . Since using this I find I prefer xylosweet. Better consistency and taste. Xylitol can be used for baking but does not caramelise so is not good for anything like crunchy cookies. Also too much has a laxative effect. I have worked for two of Dublin’s top health stores for 10 years and am now a holistic practitioner. I hope you found this review helpful.

Expensive but good

Posted by Reviewer2255839 on Jan 06, 2014

got this because it is from trees not corn. I don't like any corn products as I don't trust whether they're GMO or not. The product tastes good to me, it does cause diarrhea with too much but I am sensitive to that sort of thing. I will use it in moderation. I don't require my baking to be very sweet so the mild sweetness it imparts is just fine for me.

Sweet no aftertaste

Posted by 5044609591958882110 on Dec 16, 2013

Love this sweetener, I tried it plain with nothing it was sweet with no after taste. However, I notice it does not dissolve in cold liquid so that is one of it downfalls. Plus it not a sweet as sugar so you have to estimate slightly more then regular sugar if not accurate food turns out too sweet or not sweet enough. So stick with another alternative such as stevia for cold beverages since it does not dissolve easily that is why I gave it a four.

Nice one, but..

Posted by 4966853096755313816 on Jan 06, 2013

I was really stoked about this product when it arrived, thought it has a great taste as well as the dental health benefits xylitol provides. But as the time passed by, I started to notice the aftertaste practically every sugar substitute has. Felt my coffee does not taste as good as it used to. Don't get me wrong, it's still a nice product with a lot of great characteristics, but right now I'm more interested in taste and willing to explore some other alternatives.

Sugar substitute

Posted by Reviewer2702320 on Mar 01, 2012

Actually very good, but does not last long

Good

Posted by Reviewer2276980 on Jan 03, 2012

Will buy again.

Good

Posted by Reviewer1946947 on Nov 09, 2011

Tastes like normal sugar, I think I get a little cravings when I use this

Emerald Forest Sugar

Posted by Giordie on Oct 23, 2011

This really really does taste like sugar and absolutely the pick of all the sweeteners. I love it.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »